SaabCentral Forums banner

Rims for thought

874 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  saili_calvin 
#1 ·
i want to put the biggest rims i can on my wagon but i dont want to add to much weight so i dont have to change my suspension and brakage. anyone got any suggestions?

#2 ·
I dont see why the size of the wheel and tyre affects your need to do a suspension or brake upgrade :confused:

How about some 20" Carbon Fibre composite rims - should be cheap too :roll:

#5 ·
Genuine Wagon Wheels ;)

#6 ·
Chris 9-5 said:
I dont see why the size of the wheel and tyre affects your need to do a suspension or brake upgrade :confused:
Unsprung weight can do quite a bit to change braking, acceleration, and handling on a car.

I don't know if the original poster was talking about upgrading, or if he was just talking about change in the characteristics of braking and handling...

Either way, changes in unsprung weight will change certain aspects of a car's performance.

#7 ·
sleeper9kt said:
Either way, changes in unsprung weight will change certain aspects of a car's performance.
Very true but he said:

saili_calvin said:
my saab is a wagon so im not going for power and performance its just to damn heavy, im going for looks,
We are not exactly talking about concern for engineering principles here really are we :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.