Dealerships [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Dealerships

dmtinker
27-05-08, 07:16 PM
We should have a dealership rating sticky. I've had nothing but problems from the one I use. (service department that is). The parts department is wonderful. If you want, I can post the emails the went back and forth between me and the owner.

When I emailed her, the first thing she said in her reply was "In checking the records for your vehicles, I found that we have done very little service work on them."

Is that the point? Is that the benchmark for how well I'm treated?

If you want me to post the email and / or name the dealership, let me know. I don't want to get SC in trouble.

nick04
28-05-08, 04:26 PM
I haven't taken the time to post a dealership comment on the listings tab above, but plan to. The dealership we bought our Saab from was horrendous to work with. I plan on writing a review anywhere I can find on the internet.

Chris 9-5
28-05-08, 05:05 PM
We should have a dealership rating sticky. I've had nothing but problems from the one I use.

You mean a dealership "moaning" sticky then :confused:

Matt88S
28-05-08, 05:28 PM
I thought it was all part of the Sob Experiance. :D :cheesy:

You guys don't have anything to complain about, the only dealer within 150 miles of me is a caddy dealer with Saab tacked on, I've pretty much severed ties with them, haven't been there in years, doesn't know anything about Saab, doesn't want to know.

dmtinker
28-05-08, 05:48 PM
I was in there today and they were overly obsequeous. Since I posted last, I got a response from the owner. The first line was:

Mr. Tinker,

Thank you for your email and your kind words about the parts department. In checking the records for your vehicles, I found that we have done very little service work on them.

I took that to mean, you haven't spent a lot of money with us. I told the parts guy what she said and he just put his head in his hands. He knows that I've probably spent $15K. He also said, they didn't have records for 5 of the 8 cars I brought there. I'm no longer going to have work done there.

JamieHutchie
29-05-08, 06:38 PM
Never taken a Saab to a dealer, and have no intentions to. paying 70 per hour for a 17yo apprentice to work on your car seems a bit daft to me.

Luckily just found what appears to be a good Indie. Schoneville Saab, Glasgow.

Only benefit of dealerships is having little bits and pieces of trim etc in stock, door trim clips, gear knobs....

J

Chris 9-5
29-05-08, 06:41 PM
Never taken a Saab to a dealer, and have no intentions to. paying 70 per hour for a 17yo apprentice to work on your car seems a bit daft to me. J

120 plus vat here :o

Cincy_Snaab
29-05-08, 06:51 PM
Damn, I feel sorry for you guys, we've got one of the top rated Saab dealer networks in the US here. The Just Saab Network, 3 dealerships, just Saabs. Their service department is A+.

JamieHutchie
29-05-08, 06:59 PM
120 plus vat here :o

Fek! just shows how long it's been since I even looked at a dealer price list