SaabCentral Forums banner

Giving them away!

1K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  99 saab95 3.0L 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I've really seen the prices drop in the U.S. My same '03 Aero I bought a year ago now in the facelift '04 a year later (but the same age as my car when I bought it) are going in many cases for $1-2k less with the same mileage. Makes me wish I had held off a year. Actually surpised to see the deals out there as Saab's have always depreciated fast anyway. Could well be the economy.

#3 ·
Chris 9-5 said:
It's got the Aero Lux Pack as well.

Chris 9-5 said:
So - my car is now worth £4 then :roll:
Yup.....:cry:
Got to keep mine now until either it's worthless (so next week then:roll: ) or I can't afford to fill it up with fuel (the week after then:roll: )
First £80+ fill-up happened tonight on way home.......:evil:

#4 ·
aeropilot said:
First £80+ fill-up happened tonight on way home.......:evil:
Yep and the inland revenue still state a maximum allowance of 40p per mile :evil:

#7 ·
I noticed a price drop with private sellers on eBay and Craigslist but prices are fairly stable for a lot of model years at the dealers; there seems to be a $10k-14k plateau from the used car dealers for the 2001-2004 9-5.

For example, I purchased my base 2000 9-5 in the fall of 2006 for $12k, and today CarMax (a large used car franchise) still has the older 9-5s and 9-3s for $10-11k and 2003-04 9-5s at about $14k on their website. Those are the real prices for the vehicles because the company won't bargin on the sticker price, it's part of their "no hassle" policy.

#9 ·
Saw lots of low price 9-5s on the websites commonly used to sell cars.

My luck got me a 9-5 sedan (lpt, 2.3) for $5500 with only 88k miles. Now since then I've sank some money to get it working better and normal 100k mile wear items, but realistically, a comparable priced Japanese car would have had in excess of 200k miles.

#11 ·
I purchased my 04 Aero 2-weeks ago for a total of $12,000 out the door (tax, tag, title included). It had 49k miles. The only negative was it came with 16" 9-3 wheels mounted on it. I dropped an additional $1k on new wheels/tires, so $13K total with an extra set of 'winter' wheels if i need them..

Granted, the price I got was much better than average. A similar white one with 20K less miles and the correct 17" wheels was listed for $17800 + tax. I liked it better, but there was no way I was going to pay $7000 more for it.

#12 ·
Slee_Stack said:
I purchased my 04 Aero 2-weeks ago for a total of $12,000 out the door (tax, tag, title included). It had 49k miles. The only negative was it came with 16" 9-3 wheels mounted on it. I dropped an additional $1k on new wheels/tires, so $13K total with an extra set of 'winter' wheels if i need them..

Granted, the price I got was much better than average. A similar white one with 20K less miles and the correct 17" wheels was listed for $17800 + tax. I liked it better, but there was no way I was going to pay $7000 more for it.
WOW. That is a hell of a deal. Does yours have the two tone interioir and c/f dash? I paid $18 for mine two years ago with 32,000 miles. I have 49,000 miles now. I doubt you will need winter wheels in Hotlanta.

#13 ·
No two tone or c/f dash. The interior is tan. Was tan available in two tone? It has the other factory options though (vented seats, 'visibility' package).

It also came with 'steering click' although I fixed that the other night by greasing the steering column spline. I still have a whole 600mi of warranty left on it :) .

I was kind of joking about the 'winter' wheels. I suppose I could always move somewhere I might need them. Hopefully I will be able to just sell them off.

The car was a heckuva deal which is why I bought it before I was really ready to. I had wanted to sell another vehicle first, but I didn't want the dozen other people that were coming to look at it to snatch it away from me.

#14 ·
I picked up my 92,000 mile 9-5 Aero locally for $5000.

Granted, it did need a wheel bearing, or three... and has the old PCV system... and no maintenance records... and crumbling Vacuum lines. Still though - I feel like a got a deal...

I'm gonna Auto-RX it and cross my fingers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.