SaabCentral Forums banner

automatic blow off?

2K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  jonneh 
#1 ·
can an automatic have a BOV or dump to produce that noise for a turbo? or is it strictly manuels changing the gears that allow it?

#2 ·
kenny8076 said:
can an automatic have a BOV or dump to produce that noise for a turbo? or is it strictly manuels changing the gears that allow it?
What is it with you people and BOV's..Ok in a handbasket. NO. if you put a BOV on your car you will get CEL. If you want to here the noise get a open air intake from Genuinesaab. Two If you have an LPT then you could upgrade to a TD04HL-15T and you would here that kool dump sound. Good luck and may the force be with you.

#3 ·
the noise doesnt really turn me on, that wasnt the point of the question. i have a fox body stang with twins, i dont know much about engines as i bought the mustang as it was. was just wondering if automatics could use a BOV. since most posters ask about them. the saab is my daily driver and havent put any consideration into modifing it. i really dont even see what the hype about modifying a blue collar luxury auto is in the first place. for about $2500 more than i bought my saab, the stang pulls the fronts off the ground.

#4 ·
Nah man I was just messing wid you on that one. But yeah you cant really put a BOV on a Trionic 7 its going to think its a leak and cut boost.

kenny8076 said:
the noise doesnt really turn me on, that wasnt the point of the question. i have a fox body stang with twins, i dont know much about engines as i bought the mustang as it was. was just wondering if automatics could use a BOV. since most posters ask about them. the saab is my daily driver and havent put any consideration into modifing it. i really dont even see what the hype about modifying a blue collar luxury auto is in the first place. for about $2500 more than i bought my saab, the stang pulls the fronts off the ground.

#5 ·
I think it's the phrase "BOV" that is causing confusion, the 9-5 has a DV instead of a BOV.
So the answer to your question is yes, the automatics have a DV like the manuals. Here is a photo of my stock DV on my auto.

ETA: I re-read the OP and now I'm not sure if that was the question I was answering.

So try two incase I was off: we can't have a BOV for reasons already posted, but we do have a DV and both transmissions use that DV.

#6 ·
Ohh i got you on that one. Lol I should have figured out that you were referring to the Diverter Valve. Sorrey about that. P.S. You dont have to keep the stock DV on there you could go with a Forge or Hyperboost. Which ever.

saabcog said:
I think it's the phrase "BOV" that is causing confusion, the 9-5 has a DV instead of a BOV.
So the answer to your question is yes, the automatics have a DV like the manuals. Here is a photo of my stock DV on my auto.

#7 ·
SaabBlackMan said:
Nah man I was just messing wid you on that one. But yeah you cant really put a BOV on a Trionic 7 its going to think its a leak and cut boost.
haha its all good SaabBlackMan, ya i was confused with the whole BOV and DV thing. the sound is what it is, i was just curious as to what/if it would do on an automatic, thanks guys

#10 ·
My wife has an automatic blow off :roll:

#12 ·
SaabBlackMan said:
Dude that just dont sound right man.
Its not the sound its the smell thats the problem :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.