SaabCentral Forums banner

New Wheels and Tint

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  tmg19103 
#1 ·
Before: No before shots, but it had 2001 9-3 7-spoke 16" wheels on it and no tint.

After:

20% Tint
Wheels: Konig Again 5 Opal 17x8 40O
Tires: Kumho Ecsta SPT 235/45-17

See less See more
#4 ·
I actually want a semi comfy riding car which is why I bought the 9-5 to replace my corvette. I like a stiff ride, but the corvette has worn me out and I still have my GF's Z3 to rattle my teeth when I feel the need.

18's definitely would look better, but I don't want to sacrifice any more comfort, not to mention 20% added coin, for the aesthetics.

nbndtrain - I have seen your car on cardomain. You did a fantastic job showing off the color in your pix!

I'm starting to like the espresso black color, though admittedly I would have bought a Polar white one that was for sale local if I didn't get such a better price on this one.

Thanks for the comments!

#5 ·
nbndtrain said:
Looks good. I have the same car

I do prefer these rims........

What colour is the paint? :confused:

#8 ·
ACBarnett said:
Chrome rims on European cars are an affront to Vishnu
The Vishnu Sahasranama describes Vishnu as the All-Pervading essence of all beings, the master of and beyond the past, present and future, the creator and destroyer of all existences, one who supports, sustains and governs the Universe and originates and develops all elements within.

Erm, with all that responsibility I bet he / she dont give a flying fig about chrome rims :lol:

#10 · (Edited)
Strange observation seeing as there ain't a speck of chrome on them :confused:???

They are dark silver (gunmetal) spokes with a polished lip and center. Maybe the center cap has some chrome on it. Dunno.

So anyway, there's some painted rims for ya.;)

ACBarnett said:
Chrome rims on European cars are an affront to Vishnu

I dare someone to show me a chrome rim that wouldn't look even better if it was properly painted

The rest of the car looks great though, 9-5's look beautiful with a good tint job
Here's a stock photo that better shows the finish:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.