SaabCentral Forums banner

Saab 9-5 engine problem

11K views 32 replies 7 participants last post by  alexofc69 
#1 ·
Hi Im new member to this forum

I have a problem...I installed a Forge Diverter valve on to my 2001 Saab 9-5 and now my engine light is on and my TCS is on. and sometimes it doesnt idle... any ideas? personally i think maybe something got sucked up the pipe?

Ifanyone can help me with this i really appreciate this. Thank you

#2 ·
A vacuum leak will give you a check engine light, are you sure that to fitted it correctly and attached everything - no splits in pipes?

The fiter sits at the start of the intake system so I think its unlikley you car has "sucked" something in :confused:

#3 ·
Mvp 9-5 said:
I have a problem...I installed a Forge Diverter valve on to my 2001 Saab 9-5
- Maybe you broke a vaccum line while installing - try replacing the hose that is attached to your valve.

- To be clear, did you fit a By-Pass Valve that releases back into the intake system? Or did you fit an atmospheric release? With a quick internet search on "forge diverter valve" it seems that you have installed the correct type of valve....provided that all of the ends are connected...

#4 · (Edited)
Yeah i was thinking that one of the pipe was broken. i was gonna try to replace the vacuum line cause it doesnt look like its in good condition. thanks

But im pretty sure i place it right in the right position

do you know where i can go and buy a vacuum line?

Oh yeah when i took out the vacuum line there was a rubber thing that goes around it at the end that goes into the turbo. that piece broke could that be a problem you think?

#5 ·
The vacuum line is the 4mm rubber hose that connects to the small metal barb on the end of the By-Pass Valve.

The pipe with the O-ring "rubber thing" is the By-Pass Pipe. It inserts into theTurbo Inlet Pipe.

You should replace the O-ring. Just buy an assortment of large sizes at the Hardware Store.

Your problem is likely a broken vacuum line as they get brittle with age. You can buy 4mm silicone vacuum hose at nearly any automotive supply store. The entire engine bay only requires 8 ft of hose, so buy 8 ft and replace all the old hose you can find.

#8 ·
alexofc69 said:
I just put a Forge diverter in my 2001 9-5. Made a difference.
Did it? - Whats different?

#10 ·
alexofc69 said:
I could have put a new Bosch unit in, but I though I might as well upgrade.
Top man! :cool:

#11 ·
ok i replaced the o-ring and the vacuum hose/line. still does the same response.

still doesnt idle..

it idles only when i rev up the engine but if not it just doesnt idle any ideas?

but

The turbo gauge isnt responding like it was sopose too. it starts in the middle and rarely goes up and down. when i rev it up

I think it has to do something that got sucked up. cuz i rememebr something fell into it like clay or something? could it be that? if yes how do you get it out?

#12 ·
Mvp 9-5 said:
I think it has to do something that got sucked up. cuz i rememebr something fell into it like clay or something? could it be that? if yes how do you get it out?
Clay fell into your engine :eek:

Come on, explain that please :)

It cant run if its got a blockage - so what exactly happened, what fell in and where exactly?

#14 ·
alexofc69 said:
I dont get it? Where did the clay come from? Were you sculpting while you worked on the car?
The next "I'm down on performance thread" has to get the response of

"Please check your dump valve for clay blockages" :p

#15 ·
yeah i know im a stupid idiot for doing it but well yeah it fell into the part that is right connected to the turbo

i thought if i cover the hole it would be fine cuz i seen an instruction video on how to install? but i guess that idiot was wrong. but i use the the clay that turned into steel to cover it and it didnt work so i had chizzle it out

but im thinking something fell into it.

does anyone know how to suck it back out? :confused:

#16 ·
Where exactly is it? Can you post a picture?

#18 ·
So basically you dropped it into the turbo :eek:

You will need to seperate the cobra (intake pipe) from the turbo and get in there - hopefully it hasnt completely mashed the turbo vanes :eek:

Why did you remove the pipe and try and block the hole :confused:

#23 ·

Release the banjo connector which I have arrowed.

Detatch the rubber piping from the cobra and undo the pipes and bolts attached to the cobra.

It should come off (the cobra) easily.

Lining that banjo back up on the turbo can be a real pain though.

MAKE SURE THE ENGINE IS COLD!

#25 ·
30 mins?

Do the banjo from underneath.

No idea about the tools, nothing fancy........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.