SaabCentral Forums banner

E85 Software only for TCS/ESP Cars?

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  greenmatt 
#1 ·
Three different software/tuner vendors are offering software which allows a 9-5 to operate properly on E85 (85% ethanol). However, the earlier cars, those which do not have TCS or ESP are not covered, although it appears Nordic offers the software for the non-TCS cars in Sweden only. Does anyone have any idea what the TCS/ESP would have to do with the software being adaptable to E85? I've posed the question to them by email and received polite but brief and incomplete responses. I'd like to convert mine, possibly doing the software (and/or hardware if necessary) work myself but would like to figure out this odd issue first. Thanks for your input!

#3 ·
In sweden they are only allowed to convert them to ethanol.. Flex fuel is not an option. I am sure about any tuner can make you a E85 only software. Nordic can, I have an E85 9-3 SS Aero. My Viggen is an E85 Flex Fuel. We also have a couple flex fuel 9-5 Aero around too.

The Issue there is the ABS protocol etc.

#6 ·
NickTaliaferro said:
In sweden they are only allowed to convert them to ethanol.. Flex fuel is not an option. I am sure about any tuner can make you a E85 only software. Nordic can, I have an E85 9-3 SS Aero. My Viggen is an E85 Flex Fuel. We also have a couple flex fuel 9-5 Aero around too.

The Issue there is the ABS protocol etc.
Whats involved in the conversion? Also what can net you the most power?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.