SaabCentral Forums banner

Drilling holes to get more airflow question.

984 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  makai72iraq 
#1 ·
Ok, got a question. The plastic cover that is around the oil dipstick, and over the PVC, is there any merit to drilling holes in that plastic cover? Reason I ask, is that going to get more air to let the heat not stay there and keep the plastic Hot? I know some will say, "Saab did it, do not touch", but I think outside the "box", and would like to be a more responsable Saab owner. Also, would a small hood scoop, like the one on the 9-2x and the Drilling idea be better combo? :D Thanks.

#3 ·
Leave it alone ;-)

Also a 9-2X style vent will only serve to increase under bonnet pressure and therefore reduce the cooling efficency of the rads/IC and increase front end lift at speed.

It's there on the 9-2X as it feeds the IC, generaly vents in bonnets aren't the best of ideas and are used for the most part to aid packaging rather than performance.

Cheers
Icy

#8 ·
I seriously cut mine to fit all additional hoses and bigger pipes-no hp gain yet.:cheesy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.