I luv these rims

4K views 56 replies 14 participants last post by  Chris 9-5 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Cool but a little too fussy for me :confused:

#4 ·
SaabBlackMan said:
fussy how?
For me, just a little too much going on with the paint finish / polished bits :confused:

Maybe I'm just jealous - I cant have the deep dish look as the spokes wont clear my brakes :cry:

#6 ·
Which ones:

#8 ·
SaabBlackMan said:
I like these, They are probably mad expensive though.
They are 18" Steinmetz wheels, Steinmetz is the official "GM/Opel" tuner :p

http://www.steinmetzdirect.com

But they were an eBay bargain if I recal correctly - we needed something which gave enough spoke space for the Brembo 4 pots and the 323mm discs.

#15 · (Edited)
If I can find the funds (have a new bathroom to sort first) then I'm planning these for my 9-5 Project. Mine will be painted though to hide the fact they're C/F.

They aren't 'that' expensive and the rims themselves are pretty reasonable so kerbing or damage isn't that much of an issue as the centre can be reused over and over.

They are also very very light which means you need less power to turn the wheels leaving more available to move the rest of it!

They're even used as OEM on a Sweedish car at the moment!

Cheers
Icy

P.S. Lot of advantage in braking performance as well as suspension response and the ability to run softer damping!

#17 ·
There are a few things you might want to consider when looking at new wheels for your car.

One is asthetics: do they flow well with the design of the car?

Another is weight. Additional unsprung weight adds stress to every moving component of the steering/suspension. It makes the drivetrain work harder to get the car moving from rest; it's more mass for the brakes to slow; more mass for the steering to move left/right; and--most evidently--more mass for the springs/dampers/bushings to handle.

It's highly recommended you have a sense of what your current wheel/tire set weighs, and try to stay within the smallest range of increase possible from that #. If at all possible, 'add lightness'--your car will feel transformed if you have the ability to do so.

Then there is fitment: Is the wheel designed to fit on a Saab? Does it have the proper offset and backspace? If not, you may encounter changes in suspension geometry, rubbing on the inner or outer fenderwell, or worse.

#18 ·
numbersix said:
There are a few things you might want to consider when looking at new wheels for your car.

One is asthetics: do they flow well with the design of the car?

Another is weight. Additional unsprung weight adds stress to every moving component of the steering/suspension. It makes the drivetrain work harder to get the car moving from rest; it's more mass for the brakes to slow; more mass for the steering to move left/right; and--most evidently--more mass for the springs/dampers/bushings to handle.

It's highly recommended you have a sense of what your current wheel/tire set weighs, and try to stay within the smallest range of increase possible from that #. If at all possible, 'add lightness'--your car will feel transformed if you have the ability to do so.

Then there is fitment: Is the wheel designed to fit on a Saab? Does it have the proper offset and backspace? If not, you may encounter changes in suspension geometry, rubbing on the inner or outer fenderwell, or worse.
You are so right already our cars are so heavy I didnt really think about that. I am going to look into those rims that Icarus is looking at he mentioned that they were didnt weigh much.

#19 ·
Icarus said:
If I can find the funds (have a new bathroom to sort first) then I'm planning these for my 9-5 Project. Mine will be painted though to hide the fact they're C/F.

They aren't 'that' expensive and the rims themselves are pretty reasonable so kerbing or damage isn't that much of an issue as the centre can be reused over and over.

They are also very very light which means you need less power to turn the wheels leaving more available to move the rest of it!

Cheers
Icy

P.S. Lot of advantage in braking performance as well as suspension response and the ability to run softer damping!
Thats nice man whats the price on that? I just shot them an email.

#21 ·
Icarus said:

Cheers
Icy

Hmmmm.......Dymag's.....yes please:cheesy:

You just can't beat the huge difference a mega light, mega strong wheel makes.:cool:

#24 ·
Icarus said:
We pay circa £550 built up for an 18" wheel IIRC.

Cheers
Icy
Each :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.