SID problem??? [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: SID problem???

Eleven22
4th May 2008, 11:57 PM
Ok how touchy is this system? I ask because I get a check coolant level message and my fluid is perfectly normal, not low at all in fact it is just a little above the line. nice and bright green, used to leak very small prior to my headbolt retorque. I'm wondering if that coolent sensor is going out, or if my sid unit is on the brink.... any clues on how to check either or?

hkayssi
5th May 2008, 12:08 AM
There is a sensor in the overflow tank. Yours could be defective. This has nothing to do with the SID :cheesy:. Some people took it off and cleaned it successfully with CLR or something like that.

sixclicks
5th May 2008, 02:58 AM
Mine was doing this and I bought a replacement coolant level sensor on ebay. Two minutes to change it over and problem was solved.

Tweek's Turbos
5th May 2008, 09:44 AM
Rudedog on Saablink pulled a whole resivior from a 900 before finding one from a 9-3 for his son's car. You could get in touch with him for it if you don't have any good u-pull it yards near you.

earthworm
5th May 2008, 09:59 AM
Motor vehicles of the future will have more and sensors - so we must develop methods of maintaining them. Cleaning/removing corrosion is a start.. They should last the life of the car - which is now pushing 20 years in some cases.

Eleven22
5th May 2008, 12:14 PM
think im going to rip mine out and clean it first, ill let u know what I find. Once I figure out how to rip it out , LOL.