SaabCentral Forums banner

Bizarre-ness

2K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  Chris 9-5 
#1 ·
I spent a day at Nottingham Saab yesterday and Wessy managed (by shimming the caliper carrier) to get my Brembo 4 pots to accept the Saab 314mm discs.

I had opted for the 308mm disc as they are freely available, but now thanks to GM so is the 314mm.

Interestingly the 314mm disc was a thicker than the 308mm disc by a couple of mm, so heat disipation should be better too :cool:

So sightly bigger discs and a fresh set of Mintex pads and she feels damned good :p

No pics cos they look just the same as before really ;)

#2 ·
Chris 9-5 said:
I spent a day at Nottingham Saab yesterday and Wessy managed (by shimming the caliper carrier) to get my Brembo 4 pots to accept the Saab 314mm discs.

I had opted for the 308mm disc as they are freely available, but now thanks to GM so is the 314mm.

Interestingly the 314mm disc was a thicker than the 308mm disc by a couple of mm, so heat disipation should be better too :cool:

So sightly bigger discs and a fresh set of Mintex pads and she feels damned good :p

Wait for it...

YES! Victory is mine! :::Runs around with a cape:::

#3 ·
But ..............

Chris 9-5 said:
Shall I find an old pic then :p

#5 ·
SectorNine50 said:
You must bring us a shrubbery! One that looks nice... but not too expensive...
Erm.................

#6 ·
Now you must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... with a herring!!! :eek:

I'm having fun... :p

#7 ·
Gimme a hand with this then:

#9 ·
SectorNine50 said:
Oh dear... :eek:

That's... a small whale...
You wanna see how many potatoes the women are peeling for the chips :p

#11 ·
SectorNine50 said:
Hahaha you honestly have nothing to do on Saturdays, do you? :p
Thats not..................

funny ;oops:

#13 ·
SectorNine50 said:
:cheesy:

I wonder how far off topic we can take this thread...?
Who cares, the guy who started it is a bit of a flash git anyways :roll:

#19 ·
Leaving fish&chips in mayonnaise for a while:lol:
I spent 4 hours trying to made a technician to imagine that he can produce
calliper carrier able to fit discs of different sizes,just with one or two 2mm plates with same shape as carrier from each side.
After no success I left big brake project for the Autumn tuning session .
You are lucky guys with Wessy around,may be he plans to open another garage on Black Sea cost?

PS. There is new thing on the market and some people claims that it may replace mayonnaise-it's red an they called it Ketchup or something like-any info about this - is it safe to use it with frites?

#21 ·
DoctorPhill said:
Leaving fish&chips in mayonnaise for a while:lol:
I spent 4 hours trying to made a technician to imagine that he can produce
calliper carrier able to fit discs of different sizes,just with one or two 2mm plates with same shape as carrier from each side.
After no success I left big brake project for the Autumn tuning session .
You are lucky guys with Wessy around,may be he plans to open another garage on Black Sea cost?

PS. There is new thing on the market and some people claims that it may replace mayonnaise-it's red an they called it Ketchup or something like-any info about this - is it safe to use it with frites?
It's only safe when used in large quantities. 1/2 a teaspoon is fatal, but a cup is harmless

Back on the topic, you think it's possible to shoehorn these onto an aero with standard brakes?

#22 ·
Raven18940 said:
Back on the topic, you think it's possible to shoehorn these onto an aero with standard brakes?
I doubt it :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.