SaabCentral Forums banner

Saw some Aero parts for sale

3K views 36 replies 10 participants last post by  BenP 
#1 ·
Hey guys I saw some Aero parts for sale on saabnet.com including a Stage3 Nordic tune. Just thought I could help some one out.;)

#7 ·
Hi,did you buy it from this guy at Saabnet?
I'm asking because I also bought Nordic St 3 ECU from this advertisement .:eek:

#9 ·
This is a copy paste of the add I bought it from:

9-5 Aero Nordic Stage 3 ECU & Performance Parts (Posted 4/23/08)Listed for sale is a Nordic Stage 3 ECU that was fitted to my 2000 9-5 Aero. I am selling the car and the go fast parts must be gone. The ECU is selling for $500 and is in perfect condition. The hardware needed for the ECU was a 3C. downpipe with stock catback, 3.5FPR Fuel Pressure Regulator and Open air intake. Having this ECU transformed the car completely and made it a monster on the road. Nordic rated the power output at 300Hp and 325Tq and it certainly shows all of it when you put your foot down. I also have some H&R springs for sale along with the GS downpipe with race cat. If you have any questions about the tune or how well it performed please send me a email.
Email: Click Here
Phone: NA

DoctorPhill said:
Hi,did you buy it from this guy at Saabnet?
I'm asking because I also bought Nordic St 3 ECU from this advertisement .:eek:

#10 ·
Yes-same one,I also paid the ECU including oversea shipping and right after your post wrote to him.
He answer quickly that he had several Aero/Viggen tuned cars which are for sale now.The guy looks very cooperative and kind.

#12 ·
Guys,

Let me know if your ECU's arrive and if you can verify they are Nordic Stage 3. As of yesterday he was going to sell me one per the ad as well. He does seem to be a legitimate member of the other board but how many tuned ECU's does he have?

I'm sending him another email this morning to ask the same question. This one makes me a bit nervous since if he had several tuned ECU's you would have thought he would say that in the ad.

BenP

#13 ·
NOW I AM WORRIED.......................................

Hey Soren,

Quick answer as i'm leaving for the airport and wont
be back for a week on the 19th. I will get your tracking number as soon i come back. I am on constant contact with the other member as well. I have many different saabs over the
years also many other friends that have staged ECU. I am always trying
out different car with tuned software. Going to meets and events i tend
to collect a lot of parts be as though trade barter or sale. A

I am fine with sending you a ECU and I will give you a return
policy. If it does not work then your money back. I am not here to scam
anybody in any way thats for sure. I just want everybody to be happy
with their cars and enjoy them to the fullest.

Sorry for the quick simple awnser but i need to run. I will be happy to talk with you more when i get back and send out your ECU.

Thanks,

John W.

#15 ·
That's almost the identical email he sent me a few minutes ago. The only difference is I haven't paid him yet. I wouldn't panic yet but I probably wouldn't have been happy to have sent him money and not have my ECU sent out for a week unless we had discussed it in advance.

Hey Ben,

Quick Awesome as i'm leaving for the airport and wont be back for a week on the 19th. I have many different saabs over the years also many other friends that have staged ECU. I am always trying out different car with tuned software. Going to meets and events i tend to collect a lot of parts be as though trade barter or sale. As far as documentation goes i wont be able to provide that because some of the ECU i have i bought from other people.

I am fine with sending you a ECU and I will give you a return policy. If it does not work then your money back. I am not here to scam anybody in any way thats for sure. I just want everybody to be happy with their cars and enjoy them to the fullest.

Sorry for the quick simple awnser but i need to run. I will be happy to talk with you more when i get back.

Thanks,

John

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 7:23 AM,
John,

I see that you have sold 2 of these ECU's to other
members of SaabCentral? The ad appears to imply you
had a single car you were parting out can you tell me
a little more about where these ECU's are coming from?
Can you provide any documentation that they were
Nordic Stage 3 tuned?

I hate to be suspicious but the internet is full of
scammers and I just want to be sure if I send you $500
that I'm getting what I pay for.

You appear to be a good standing member of the Saabnet
community but I was a little confused by the recent
posts at SaabCentral.

Thanks!

Ben

#16 ·
Yeah I am NOT happy right now... he did not mention that he was not going to send this ecu out before the 19'th.

Right now I am very worried this is a scam. I hope he is going to call me, if not I am certainly going to weigh my options in making a dispute for my money with paypal.

I wrote to him that he had to undestand that I was worried about these developments of events, and I hoped he undestood..... I also included my number so he could call me.

I do know man, I am so worried right now.

#17 · (Edited)
Hi bros,I also was told that he will left for vacation,if he is known in other forums I hope that everything will end well.
May be there are other contact details or physical address or phone in other forums he wrote.
In Saabnet he really has many-many posts-590 and I don't think that "one of us"will do scam deals using his own name in the forum where he is popular.
I've bought Abbott ECU and ETS cooler from UK co-forumers :D and was happy with this deals.
I'll keep you posted,so do you please.

#18 ·
I have also been in contact with him and was about to buy this stage 3 ecu but as above he said he was going on overseas for a week. What is going on and do we know if this John Williams is the same as the John Williams on that forum? What did he tell all of you? I hadnt heard the multiple car story etc. I just cant imagine there would be that many nordic stage 3 ecu's out there.All seems a bit strange.

#20 ·
That is not the same John Williams from Colorado.

I don't have any record of that software.

I guess they could be copies.. Unless they have Nordic engraved or have a sticker over their name on the case.

#21 ·
Hmmm,Nick aren't there any protections in the tuned ECUs or everyone may load new bin files into ECU memory?
It is common practice with T5,but T7?

#23 ·
Not,but also contact with him and he told me that will mail it till weekend.
I hope that everything finish ok.

#25 ·
Hey everyone..

I also got the email from him telling me he shipped it out and I should be getting it this week, but still no tranking number...

I have asked him 3 times to call me or send me a tracking number. If I d not get that today before 2PM Est. I will dispute this with paypal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.