SaabCentral Forums banner

Take a look at this!!

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  SaabBlackMan 
#1 ·
#2 ·
So you find a nice big filter then wrap it up tight in metal with a small opening........

So the cold air flow will be restricted, as will the sound..........might as well leave the stock air box in place then :confused:

#3 ·
Chris 9-5 said:
So you find a nice big filter then wrap it up tight in metal with a small opening........

So the cold air flow will be restricted, as will the sound..........might as well leave the stock air box in place then :confused:
Yeah man you always spit that good logic man. I see what ur saying dunno why i didnt think about that. I guess it look cool that I just overlooked the rest of the restrictions.

Thanks Chris

#5 ·
None give increased performance over a clean stock filter in my opinion.

#6 ·
I question the tuners that require an open air intake for Stg2/3 setups. My Stg3+ A4 made nearly double the factory rated HP (280+) with the stock airbox + K&N. Is the stock 9-5 intake setup with 06+ intake pipe + high-flow filter substantially more restrictive?

I understand if you just want more noise--which I don't think is all that in keeping with the car--but other than slightly better spool (which I noticed by installing the 06+ intake pipe and high flow filter), I don't see the big perf advantage of an open air filter.

#7 ·
So as far as Seattle on the West coast & across the pond to the East, the High Saab Council has spoken..... as a young "junior' member I appriciate your guidance on the matter of "Stock verse Aftermarket" filter. Do we have perhaps any South or Northern members to give there personal experiance too? Now, I will go back to "stock" with an K&N filter inside and see if my MPG is increased. Intresting story wsith more to come I'm sure!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.