remote central locking and amplifier power, please please help [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: remote central locking and amplifier power, please please help

semibinotics
28th April 2008, 06:11 AM
Hi there, this is my first ever post so please be gentle!!

I've just upgrade from a 1999 9 3 2.0i to a 2001 9 3 2.2tdi SE

i've swapped my headunit from original to my pioneer with ipod contols and installed door speakers and an amp down by the passenger footwell (i had these in my old saab so easy job as i used this site to show me how to do it last time). However when i tested the amp i found that no power was getting to it, i've now borrowed power from the head units source. This maybe a stupid question but is there any reason why the power lead was dead?

Also my remote central locking has stopped working after i finished the above, i need batteries as it tells me, however im sure both keys wouldnt die so quickly. Also if i try to use the key in the door the central locking doesnt work manually. Why is this? Are the two problems linked?

Please please help me you kind knowledgable people

neomagus00
28th April 2008, 01:07 PM
i can't imagine the problems NOT being linked... try unplugging everything you put in, and see if the problems are still there.

on the amp install, where did you originally get power and ground from? before you switched to the HU's source...

semibinotics
28th April 2008, 01:35 PM
thanks for replying, i in my old car i was using the wiring kindly supplied by saab.

i've sorted the problem, it was fuse 25 which controls the amp and locking. i missed it last night while i was having a tantrum