SaabCentral Forums banner

saab n00b. suspension questions.

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Icarus 
#1 ·
hey all.
finally convinced myself to sell the mkIV and purchased an 02 9-5 linear.
i'm sure i'll be flamed / hated for even asking, but does anyone on here make their saab low? i come from the volkswagen scene where we keep it classy, wide, and low. hoping to do the same with the saab.

if i were to go with a bag set up:

(told you i would be flamed.) hahah.

anyway, where can i find information about saab suspension? diy's? coilover suggestions?

and the old mkIV:

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Yeah, you'll get flamed. Haha

There isn't a set-up you can just buy to lower the Saab that much. There will have to do some customization. H&R makes coilovers for the pre-02 cars (also called pre-facelift), but I'm not sure if they ever made a set for the newer models.

However, if you want to be the first to ever have a wide body kit made for a 9-5, that would be sweet! :cool:

#5 ·
I think the most you will see is 30-40 MM lower, there are springs that will do that. but you will/might need to correct supsension geometry or you will get severe tire wear.

You can cut some springs buy some short shocks and see how it works for you

I have also seen these for Saab just recently but have not heard great things...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ksport-Coilover-Kit-Saab-9-5-99-FREE-SHIPPING_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247QQcategoryZ33582QQihZ013QQitemZ230162693406QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

#6 ·
Jssaab said:
I think the most you will see is 30-40 MM lower, there are springs that will do that. but you will/might need to correct supsension geometry or you will get severe tire wear.

You can cut some springs buy some short shocks and see how it works for you

I have also seen these for Saab just recently but have not heard great things...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ksport-Coilover-Kit-Saab-9-5-99-FREE-SHIPPING_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247QQcategoryZ33582QQihZ013QQitemZ230162693406QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V
if i do choose to go the coilover route (instead of air), i will most definitely not be running a no name ebay kit or *cringe* cutting my springs. i'm a firm believer in doing things right the first time. i'm looking into h&r, eibach, and koni.

#8 ·
verse. said:
if i do choose to go the coilover route (instead of air), i will most definitely not be running a no name ebay kit or *cringe* cutting my springs. i'm a firm believer in doing things right the first time. i'm looking into h&r, eibach, and koni.
Not recommneding the ksports ( no name? I think not-junk maybe???)

http://ksportusa.com/asp/index.asp

You are looking at some real custom work if you go air, good luck with that.

If you are looking to do things "right" with a Saab, then you will not even consider slammin it, thats just wrong

#10 ·
numbersix said:
Buy yourself some KSport coils. Dump it. It'll be brilliant. Just like your Mk4 on Benz rollers.
Those would be K Sport coilovers which are made in Taiwan correct? With damper inserts that are of such poor quality that they dyno 20 % difference on every corner and a spring rate so high the car has zero compliance........ you'd be better off cutting your standard springs.

Cheers
Icy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.