SaabCentral Forums banner

New in town

1K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Chris 9-5 
#1 ·
So I ran across this site, own a Saab, and would like to upgrade it's performace and fuel economy. Anyone have any ideas where I can start? Fuel being over $4.00 USD a gallon here in CA, it tends to aggrivate the wallet with the amount of driving I do each day.

#2 ·
Welcome to SC.

Not really sure what you can do that will improve performance and not hit fuel mileage.

The only thing that comes to mind is ensuring that everything is in tip top shape.
Fresh, clean oil, air filter, plugs ... always maintain proper tire inflation ...

Oh, and make sure your car is clean and freshly waxed and polished ... everyone knows a clean car runs better. ;)

#3 ·
spcswinger said:
Fuel being over $4.00 USD a gallon here in CA, it tends to aggrivate the wallet with the amount of driving I do each day.
Pop over to the UK sometime and buy some fuel, you'll feel better after ;)

#8 ·
free flowing exhaust, GS drop-in air filter, fresh oil, PVC#6 update, clean MAF, clean TB and good O2 sensors.
spcswinger said:
So I ran across this site, own a Saab, and would like to upgrade it's performace and fuel economy. Anyone have any ideas where I can start? Fuel being over $4.00 USD a gallon here in CA, it tends to aggrivate the wallet with the amount of driving I do each day.

#10 ·
Up until now, diesel has been on par or more expensive than gas/petrol. Now with Gas prices increasing its FINALLY viable to own a diesel vehicle. Would be nice to see more diesels sold here. Would love to see a TDi version of Saabs on this side of the pond (or any car other than big trucks/suv's)...

#12 ·
turbophille said:
I dont care if it hits $20 a gallon, I wont buy a smart car! :D long live turbocharged petrol engines
Spot on! :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.