Easy way to change brake light switch [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Easy way to change brake light switch

saabjunky
19th April 2008, 07:44 PM
So I took your guys advice and removed the screw in the heater tube and bent it down. At 6'1" and 260 lb's I was still not seeing the advantage. Then it came to me, I would get the "better halfs" facial mirror :o , lets not tell her:nono; . Once I got used to the reverse orientation of looking into the mirror, the job was a snap. Saved me from trying to be the contortionist, that the neighbors would have found humorous!

c900
19th April 2008, 09:58 PM
So I took your guys advice and removed the screw in the heater tube and bent it down. At 6'1" and 260 lb's I was still not seeing the advantage. Then it came to me, I would get the "better halfs" facial mirror :o , lets not tell her:nono; . Once I got used to the reverse orientation of looking into the mirror, the job was a snap. Saved me from trying to be the contortionist, that the neighbors would have found humorous!

Good work! I've found that a mirror is really handy for anything involving work under the dash where you can't easily see without 'contorting' lying on your back half out of the car with your head stuffed against the firewall to see what's needing to be done while using a torch and tools, etc. Not easy but I bet the qualified mechanics have some tricks for this sort of thing. I guess taking out the relevant front seat is the major way to make the job better.

Craig.