SaabCentral Forums banner

Saab 9-5 coupe pack

3K views 37 replies 12 participants last post by  saabcog 
#1 ·
Where can I buy a 9-5 coupe pack? (other doors and rear wings)

I heard about this mod for 9-5 sedan, and interested if anybody have it and can show some photos and got more info.

#2 ·
First I've heard of it as well.

I'm assuming what this pack would do is include body bits to remove the rear doors and (hopefully) hinge the front seats so people can still use the rear.

I don't quite understand why anyone would want to do this... :roll:

#3 ·
The 9-5 is too big to convert to any kind of decent looking coupe. And as far as I know there is not "kit" for this. In fact, I have never seen or heard of anyone EVER making a 9-5 like that.

#7 ·
So where did you hear about this kit then?

#9 ·
kurwa311 said:
no that old

Ahh. I didn't realize they made them under the name Eldorado that recently.

This is what I think of when I hear Eldorado:

I had no idea Cadillacs were popular anywhere in the world outside of a few old people in the U.S. and a bunch of "raggare" in Sweden.

#12 ·
kurwa311 said:
There are no 9-3 coupes. And 9-3 sucks.
Erm..........

#15 ·
The thing is we know he means the 9-3SS but we still jumped on him ;oops:

#19 ·
numbersix said:
I know of someone building a custom 9000 3 door, but not a 9-5.

Given some of the amazing custom work I've seen come from Russia, it wouldn't surprise me if we saw a 9-5 coupe emerge from there first.
Yea that guy was speaking about 9000 for begging, then he told that he can also get parts and remake 9-5 Sedan to coupe… And wagon, but don’t know who the hell needs 3 doors wagon… Only DHL maybe =)

#20 ·
We used to rag about in a 500cui Caddy that my mate bought off an american airbase. High speed down twisting ,up and down country lanes was quite interesting with 6 or 7 on board.

Mattlach said:
Ahh. I didn't realize they made them under the name Eldorado that recently.

This is what I think of when I hear Eldorado:

I had no idea Cadillacs were popular anywhere in the world outside of a few old people in the U.S. and a bunch of "raggare" in Sweden.

#21 ·
bazwold said:
We used to rag about in a 500cui Caddy that my mate bought off an american airbase. High speed down twisting ,up and down country lanes was quite interesting with 6 or 7 on board.
That must have been expensive with UK fuel prices :eek:

#24 ·
Wulf said:
A 9-5 Coupe would be interesting. Not practical but interesting.

These were ASC prototypes iirc.

Interesting. To your point, not practical, and I would ever buy one or modify my car in this way, but interesting.

Is it just me or are the doors longer than in the regular sedan?

G
#26 ·
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109214&page=2

Doesn't sound like a D-I-Y job. ;)

microcat36 said:
In 1989 a company called ASC decided to convert a stock Saab 9000 CD (4 door) into a Coupe,ASC were the company who made the original prototype 900 convertible, for the president of Saab-Scania of America, Robert J. Sinclair.
Accomplishing the actual body redesign required relocation of the B-pillars, fabrication of new front doors, interior trim panels, new side window glass, new side mouldings and C-pillar trim details. This entire conversion was performed with an eye for detail and structural integrity of the finished product. In the second phase ASC and Saab focussed on giving the car a more aggressive look and ride. The car was lowered by 2 inches, fitted with 16 ROH wheels and P225/50 tires. A front air dam with integral driving lights, lower body appliqués, a rear valance panel with integral exhaust tip and rear deck lid spoiler were all custom made. Finally, this concept car was painted in Cherry monochromatic paint, as far as i know 3 were made.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.