SaabCentral Forums banner

Bought my Bilstein HDs today

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  FlyingGrape 
#1 ·
Just placed the order and was told that I should have them next week...

Quick question though, I am going to swap the strut bearings for sure. Do I really need to replace the strut mounts as well? Any thoughts as to why or why not? The car has 125K on the clock and there is a knock at the front end.

#3 ·
stipud said:
Not sure on the mount. I didn't know to replace my bearings when I did mine. Haven't had an issue yet though... *knock on wood*

Will you be running them with Aero springs? :cheesy:
Thanks man,

No on the springs I'm afraid. The biggest reason is that I don't want to lower the car while the smaller reason that I would rather save the money now and rebuild the suspention with Powerflex poly bushings in a couple of months.

#8 ·
numbersix said:
Thanks. I'm about to order HD's for it--hence why I asked. I'm also going to source a new set of Aero springs from eeuroparts.
I hate to reply to an old thread but I intend to do the same. I have a 2003 LPT Linear Sportwagon and want to put Bilstein HD's with Aero springs on the car. I can't seem to find a source for the parts. Were you able to find them if so where if you don't mind me asking.

#9 ·
rcase13 said:
I hate to reply to an old thread but I intend to do the same. I have a 2003 LPT Linear Sportwagon and want to put Bilstein HD's with Aero springs on the car. I can't seem to find a source for the parts. Were you able to find them if so where if you don't mind me asking.
Not a problem....

I bought the Bilsteins from Shox.com but I kept the stock LPT springs (very happy with that decision after driving for a couple of months).

You could probably get the springs through your dealer or maybe given the high costs it would make sense to get some B&G or Ebachs.

#10 ·
The HD's won't really be enough shock for lowered springs like the B&G's or Eibachs. I tried HD's and Eibachs for a while, it wasn't good. You'll need Sports and while the ride isn't rock hard, it is about as firm as comfortable can be. Great on the higway, but at low speeds on rough roads it will knock you around a bit.

Look around, you might be able to get used aero springs on the boards or on ebay. I sold my HD's and aero springs to someone on here.

#13 ·
FlyingGrape said:
Sorry to hijack.

Does anyone know the part numbers for front and rear 2000-2001 Aero station wagon/estate springs?

thanks
Are you trying to buy some, or just check the numbers on springs that you've got? Genuinesaab ought to be able to help with that, they sell the sport chassis kit which is essentially 2001 Aero suspension.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.