SaabCentral Forums banner

Rev Jumps

631 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  NickTaliaferro 
#1 ·
Okay, so I spent all day saturday dropping my GT17, installing a TD04 and FMIC. For the time being I am still running BSR stage 3 software spec'd for the Garrett, as I just had to drop close to $700 for a new set of tires and another alignment. Unfortunately, I only got about 14000 miles out of new Dunlops last summer, as my camber was so off after putting on a set of koni/eibachs, the inner tire wear killed me. But that's another story.

Anyway, I'm noticing in at least 2nd and 3rd gear when accellerating fairly hard, at around 3500 RPM the revs jump to 4500 then back down. It feels as if the wheels are breaking loose, but I know they're not. It seems to only be within this rev range and fairly consistently. What could this be? Clutch possibly? I didn't really notice the problem with the Garrett, but I never really punched it with the exceptions of the on ramps. Help me please!

#3 ·
Clutch slip at peak torque. Which would be in that rpm range. Time for an aero clutch upgrade. Sorry. ;)

#4 ·
NickTaliaferro said:
Clutch slip at peak torque. Which would be in that rpm range. Time for an aero clutch upgrade. Sorry. ;)
Ugh, 1 step forward and two back. I guess the silver lining would be a stronger and more reliable clutch. Unfortunately, that Nordic tune keeps slipping further and further out reach. Time to call around and find a good price I spose. Thanks for verifying!

#5 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.