SaabCentral Forums banner

bsr "test brakes" question

867 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  TurboBlix 
G
#1 ·
hi folks, i apologize for the complete n00bness of this question, i just don't understand how this voodoo witchcraft works so i don't want to mess up my car's original software.

i had to detune my car today (reset it to original software). i realized while halfway through that, the "test brakes" light that always pops up when i start the car was on.

i know bsr says that during the tuning/detuning, you can't open the windows or turn on the headlights or the radio - i mean it sounds like the process is pretty sensitive - so is the fact that that message was showing going to affect the detune? like should i re-detune the car?

the reason i ask is that i'm going to d/l new software for the ppc unit which may end up deleting whatever software - original or otherwise - is already on the unit. so if my car isn't in its total original state when i retune it wtih the new stuff, i don't want to lose the original software forever.

if i'm totally wrong please tell me. better to be safe than sorry.

#3 ·
No issue. What you are trying to prevent is disrupting communication while programming which would destroy the ECU. You could knock the plug out or kill the power either by switch or voltage draw. Once it is tuned just leave it that way. There is no need to switch back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.