SaabCentral Forums banner

Saying Hello

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  dogedog 
#1 ·
Hello fellow SAAB owners
Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. I am Bill and just recently purchased my first SAAB a 1999 SE 9-5 V6 from a doctor who took very good care of her. She belong to his wife and they both purchased brand new vehicles and I stumbled upon her. I got picked her up for 6000.00 US dollars, it is fully equipped minus the vent sents, she has 46000 miles on her and the doctor gave me all the maintaince records for it. It was maintained thru an authorized SAAB dealer and had all the updates (recalls and sevice recalls) completed on it and he just got done having 2000.00 worth of worth accomplished, new brakes, rotors and tires. She has always had synthetic oil and I am hoping to enjoy many more years with her. Here are some pictures that I just took today.

Thanks
Bill

Attachments

See less See more
G
#2 ·
welcome bill!

the '99 is the best year :cool: one might say i'm biased but i'd rather say i have some experience with it. 46k miles is nothing! lucky find.

i love the color of your car. seems to be pretty rare where i am - i've only seen hunter green online, never in person. i'm a sucker for dark green cars, and a dark green 9-5 is a winner.

there are a lot of east coast saabers. you're not far from PA - why don't you show off your new beaut at the carlisle import show in may? registration ends april 25th. it'll be my first time there but i hear it's saabs galore.

link to carlisle info:
http://saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118335

there's also saabtoberfest in october near scranton, PA. i went last year. it was exciting.

maybe i'll see you around!

#3 ·
Hey blix,
I am originally from southwestern PA just below Pittsburgh, the military (AF) brought me here to Delaware and I decided to call this state home now since I bought a house here. Love the beaches and I think taking the SAAB there will draw some looks. I am interested in attending the show, I am going to check it out and maybe register all depends on the sandbox trip.

#7 ·
#8 ·
dogedog said:
Hello fellow SAAB owners
Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. I am Bill and just recently purchased my first SAAB a 1999 SE 9-5 V6 from a doctor who took very good care of her. She belong to his wife and they both purchased brand new vehicles and I stumbled upon her. I got picked her up for 6000.00 US dollars, it is fully equipped minus the vent sents, she has 46000 miles on her and the doctor gave me all the maintaince records for it. It was maintained thru an authorized SAAB dealer and had all the updates (recalls and sevice recalls) completed on it and he just got done having 2000.00 worth of worth accomplished, new brakes, rotors and tires. She has always had synthetic oil and I am hoping to enjoy many more years with her. Here are some pictures that I just took today.

Thanks
Bill
Welcome there are bunches of us near Lancaster and West Chester Phila and environs. We will be having a run in mid summer through the brandywine valley so stay tuned.

J

#12 ·
I am going to check the color code tonight when I get home, I have received several compliments from people on the color of the SAAB. Seems like it is a different color, don't know if the orginally owner (Doctor) had it customed from SAAB. But it looks like it also has metallic in it.

Thanks
Bill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.