SaabCentral Forums banner

How hot are these

3K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  TheGodSon93 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
Etrimble said:
wow.. That looks so nice. To bad they appear to be sold out, I'd love to slap one of those on my car :(
Agreed plus pre facelift only :cry:

#9 ·
Before our USA based posters get too excited, these new Abbott Racing strut braces are for RHD ONLY cars, as, up to now the strut braces that are already available for the 9-5 only fit LHD cars, as the relocated brake resevoir on RHD cars is mounted higher up and doesn't allow the fitment of a straight brace.

Hence why Abbott have specifically designed this brace for RHD cars so as to retain access to the brake resevoir.

The strut tops mounts between pre-face lift and post face lift are different, but I understand Abbott are working on a version for the post-02 cars, so it's just a matter of waiting........:cool:

#11 ·
aeropilot said:
Before our USA based posters get too excited, these new Abbott Racing strut braces are for RHD ONLY cars,....

Hence why Abbott have specifically designed this brace for RHD cars so as to retain access to the brake resevoir.

........:cool:
Looks somewhat like it might will work if flipped over if the bend coudl be adjusted( if the RHD and LHD are somewhat symetrical.- with regard to most components - maybe it would fit)

Or that it might fit as a set up on a LHD.

If someone has one and is willing to make a template and send it over here we could check and see.

#12 ·
Jssaab said:
Looks somewhat like it will work if flipped over ( if the RHD and LHD are somewhat symetrical.- with regard to most components - maybe it would fit)

If someone has one and is willig to make a template and send it over here we could check and see.
You will have to drill new holes in the end plates, if you notice there is 1 screw hole at the front and 2 at the rear.

G
#14 ·
i gotta stop checking this site. i cannot spend any money on my car until october so i can't deal with this kind of temptation :lol:

(besides i need to save up for a 5-speed merlot aero sedan - if you see any for sale your way in the US, please keep me posted!)

#17 ·
aeropilot said:
The strut tops mounts between pre-face lift and post face lift are different, but I understand Abbott are working on a version for the post-02 cars, so it's just a matter of waiting........:cool:
I'm happy to do the product evaluation :p

#18 ·
im with you on this one!

blixahaha said:
i gotta stop checking this site. i cannot spend any money on my car until october so i can't deal with this kind of temptation :lol:

(besides i need to save up for a 5-speed merlot aero sedan - if you see any for sale your way in the US, please keep me posted!)
LOL, there should be a warning on the Mods forum about the reading of such material may lead to extensive spending!
d

#22 ·
chk said:
I don't know how it will affect the 95 which has a pretty stiff body, but I had Hartge strut tower braces, front on a 79 BMW 6 series which helped stiffen a uni-body built car.
On the face lift I doubt it will help, certainly not on the road - BUT its the looks :cool:

Now I need a clear perspex bonnet/hood :p

#23 ·
chk said:
I don't know how it will affect the 95 which has a pretty stiff body, but I had Hartge strut tower braces, front on a 79 BMW 6 series which helped stiffen a uni-body built car.
Difficult to say for sure without access to the FE analysis model of the bodyshell......:lol:

But, as you say the strut tops are quite close to the bulkhead so the forces at the strut tops should be better distributed, but I suspect a brace will still have a reasonably noticable effect on a 9-5, as over rough surfaces the strut tops still want to 'meet in the middle'. Probably have more noticable effect on an older more fatiqued shell.
A brace on a 9k has a noticable effect in the reduction of dash rattles and squeaks etc as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.