SaabCentral Forums banner

How to correct a Soft front end

771 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  chk 
#1 ·
Parts for Saab used to sell a 9-5 Front Hub Brace Kit and no longer does. It was made for pre 2002 or 3 95's. I have an 01 95. Is there anything out there that would brace up the front end in the same way?

#3 ·
In addition, good tyres and having them correctly inflated. Most people seem to run 38psi on 17" tyres round here (I do fore one!)

I've done the new bilsteins, and already had the Aero springs. Thinking i need to venture along the line of new sway bars to get it to a point i'm comfortable with.

Thankfully k-mac are 3 hrs drive away from me and make custom sway bars pretty cheap (240AUD)

I did notice a big improvement going to bilsteins over aero struts...so maybe you could start there?

#4 ·
AdrianB said:
In addition, good tyres and having them correctly inflated. Most people seem to run 38psi on 17" tyres round here (I do fore one!)

I've done the new bilsteins, and already had the Aero springs. Thinking i need to venture along the line of new sway bars to get it to a point i'm comfortable with.

Thankfully k-mac are 3 hrs drive away from me and make custom sway bars pretty cheap (240AUD)

I did notice a big improvement going to bilsteins over aero struts...so maybe you could start there?
If you are going to get some sway bars, maybe they could make two pairs, I am only 40 mins from kmac.

#5 ·
greenmatt said:
If you are going to get some sway bars, maybe they could make two pairs, I am only 40 mins from kmac.
Apparently once they've measured and designed one for a car they automatically add it to their database and can re-fabricate the same part exactly. When i spoke to them they'd done some 9000s and 900s but no 9-5s. It's on my list as my next upgrade as the hub braces are no longer available...

Got a few bits and bobs to fix first though, the 80 dollar interior bulb, some rubber seals that have worn and my eff'ing wing mirror! I'll let you know when i go to get them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.