SaabCentral Forums banner

2in1 Performance Chip for Saab 9-5

11K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  ArmySaab 
#1 ·
Hi group,

Has anyone installed or have any experience with 2in1 Performance Chip from Dynamic Tuning. Aperantly this will give me about 60 extra HP and 15-20 MPG improvement. I am thinking about getting one since sounds very promising. But that is exactly my dilemma - sounds and priced good to be true!?
Also, any difficulties taking it out and restoring factory settings?

Many thanks!

#2 ·
#4 ·
aeropilot said:
I needed a good laugh.......and I got after reading that link :lol: :lol:
Classic stuff huh!

Extended List of Benefits

Improved Engine Life

Reduces stress on the engine increasing the life of your engine and all related components.

Increases the life of engine oil extending the time between costly oil changes.

Reduces build up on spark plugs and engine heads.

Improved Engine Performance

60+ horsepower at the wheels! Unmatched improved engine performance!

55+ ft/lb of torque. Even more torque is possible when installed on trucks and SUVs!

Improved Engine Fuel Economy

15 to 17 more miles per gallon when driving in stop and go city traffic.

18 to 20 more miles per gallon when driving primarily on highways.

I am amazed they left out the bit where it repaints the car and supplies a hot babe as a passenger :p

#6 ·
saaban said:
I see I see....So I better be off spending extra $10 on tire shine at local car wash :)

Thanks!
Honestly - buy some candy bars with it ;)

#10 ·
SaabScott said:
I ordered 3 of them ... figured I could do a stage 3 upgrade! ;oops:
Your fuel tank will overflow - it will so sooooooo economical :eek:

#12 ·
saaban said:
Hi group,

Has anyone installed or have any experience with 2in1 Performance Chip from Dynamic Tuning. Aperantly this will give me about 60 extra HP and 15-20 MPG improvement. I am thinking about getting one since sounds very promising. But that is exactly my dilemma - sounds and priced good to be true!?
Also, any difficulties taking it out and restoring factory settings?

Many thanks!
Lol dude the guys in here are going to eat you for breakfast lol..I previous ask about a similar performance mod and by the end of the day i learnt my lesson.

#14 ·
If you add that with this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hydr...007QQitemZ170205729213QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

and this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BIO-...006QQitemZ160224641470QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

with your chip

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2in1...015QQitemZ250229401497QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

With your happy thoughts you can acutally make a profit as your car will produce more fuel than it can possibly use and be more powerful than the jet it was born from. You can use this fuel surplus to fuel your other cars, motorcycles or lawn tractor. After that you can sell it to your neighbors:lol:

#15 ·
You guys are horrible. I still remember the day I looked at one of those and thought to myself "who needs a turbo when you can just put a $10 chip in and even save gas!" Although this was back when I owned a Honda (little over 6 years ago), I still thought it was going to be awesome. And no, I never ordered one. Instead I directed my interested toward the 'cool' altezza lights...;oops:

#20 ·
...and where do we take our Saabs to an autocross in New England?

Nice to see lots of ha-ha responds but it's pity that there are no responds about autocross.
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124162

Here is a challenge:

1. Devens Air Force base in MA autocross by BMW club. I know it's complicated to get a "runway" for such event but joining these guys for event can put you and your Saab on the track. I did it several times (although never with Saab) and it works!

2. Prior to autocross, we can meet somewhere again (like Matt organized nice social event last month) and lets measure a few things. I'll buy one of these "they claimed 60HP super chips" and let's test it to see if we're going to get that 4HP gain :) I'll bring my equipment and laptop loaded with quite few programs for testing and adjusting. Please note: this is not pro-garage equipment but we can get the approximate reading and difference between two. VW's welcomed as well since I have more advanced stuff for them.

3. Lets bust that chip or I should say Radio Shack resistor to see its components.

At the end, everything is fun when comes to the cars.

Cheers

#21 ·
Yes they do hold autocross events at Fort Devens US Army post on the old airstrip. I meant to go mulitple times last year with my BMW but it got killed before I had a chance. I would be up for linking up with you guys for a day of autocrossing. I can even suggest a few locations for the link up since I work there.:cheesy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.