SaabCentral Forums banner

Who's is this and how did you do it?

3K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  hfrancis 
#1 ·
I am now on a spree of trying to blacken my car out. Up now...the grille, how should I go about doing this. What kind of paint will go on my factory grille and will this look good on an 02. Also any word of anyone going for the audi look with the LED's on the headlights? If so...pictures please! Im going for the look of the car I just posted as my car is also black but doesnt have the bangin 04 Aero grille. O well i gotta save my mones for a house. Thanks in advance for any input!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
oh yea, that's Chris's car. he put on the '05 Aero kit, and i believe he painted and cleared the chrome trim on the grille to get the blacked out effect. a few threads exist about it, but i'm guessing he'll pop up any minute now to give you the full story and all the links. :lol: i think it looks wonderful.

#4 ·
Led's in the headlight realy interested me but its probably more work than its worth. You can probably get an LED strip then afterwards fit that in the headlight but it would have to be well put to actualy look nice. Id love to see someone try though ehe =) I just decided to have HIDS in both my foglights and headlights instead

#9 ·
Pictures

Old Grille

New Grille
Think its classier where the mesh was good while it lasted but I just got sick of it since it I made it and it was not all that durable I guess you could say.

I am getting new clear bulbs for the blinkers today cause those oranges are throwin me off.

I love photoshop.

Whoop...Pup in the car

#10 ·
so how did you get rid of the chrome from the grille? i know its hard to get rid of the chrome and that the paint wont last long itll chip kinda f ast ? is that true?

#13 ·
#15 ·
The 06 bumper needs 06 headlights,which are bi-xenons,so you'll need two complete headlight units with balasts etc.

#16 ·
The costs would be huge to add the Dame Edna front end to a preface lift car all that trim etc, but you'd be the first to do it :cool:

Are we sure that the wings and bonnet aren't different too?

#17 ·
He will be the second one,I found the galery of orange wagon in Garaget forums with such facelift done once,but now I'm unable to find it again.:roll:

#19 · (Edited)
i think im just gunna shoot for the 04 aero front end. i see saab.com has them, but i just want the front bumper and their selling the whole kit.i looked on thesaabsite.com and i see that they have them i think but no photo(it says 04-05 aero bumper cover with or without washers) . im going to email them. where did you get yours chris if you dont mind me asking? it'll be a rare event for white saabs too :cheesy: in the 99-01 range atleast.

puttin these bad boys on also once viking wheels is done with my other pair
podwercoating them. just a pic of my car still driving on snows in the fresh days of summer.

#22 ·
Good decision :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.