SaabCentral Forums banner

520hp Super 9-5 Engine!

32K views 146 replies 55 participants last post by  darkside95wag 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 ·
Starting to look good, but it will be your turbo and rpm limit that becomes the bottleneck if the quest if for higher bhp and you really want to get the full use out of the parts you have installed (276 cams, big valves, fuel system aso).
You dont happen to have a dyno plot from a "dynamic sweep" rather than the static point to point one?

Btw is your car with auto transmission, or coverted to manual? The first picture on the Maptun site from your dash indicate automatic.

#10 ·
Jssaab said:
WEll that IC sure is gonna kill you "sleeper look" that's for sure
:cheesy: lol :cheesy:

#14 ·
Congrats!

Very impressive. We'd love to see the whole car together. The extra large tires, body molding kit, and all. I have seen parts of the car in different areas of your blog.

Also, just as a side note, in my old job, I visited Taiwan at least half a dozen times a year for about 5 years. I wish I'd know about your project then. I'd love to have seen the car in person.

G
#18 ·
This is just an educated guess but...

I am thinking a 35 will not generate full boost at 3500rpms AND rev past 7k. I have a 30'76 and do not generate full boost till 4k.

I would say low 4k on full boost and a low to mid 7k on redline

#19 ·
dubaudiri said:
What size Garett turbo is that. Comparable to GT35R? This will be a solid motor due to its size providing full spool at around 3500 RPM and hopefully revving past 7000.
Check this other thread - I posted a translated link to his blog...I think he has more info on the turbo there...Doesn't it say JKS on it???

#20 ·
dubaudiri said:
What size Garett turbo is that. Comparable to GT35R? This will be a solid motor due to its size providing full spool at around 3500 RPM and hopefully revving past 7000.
bear in mind that you're looking at STATIC dyno results, meaning the RPM was locked in each measurement point, so the turbo has "as much time as it needs" to build up the boost. On the road though rpm climbs as soon as you open the throttle and if not in 5th gear and driving up a very steep hill... So in other words on the road for instance in 3rd you will newer see turbo fully spooled as low as the roto graph reads. Depending on the size of the turbo the difference between roto and road 3rd can be >500rpms.

My guess of the turbo is a GT30R, close the GT3076 but comprssor slitly different.

#23 ·
I have not wanted to win anything! My job is a geographical teacher of a high school. I only want to share with the friends from all parts of the world. And finish my dream.

Now, we install a stronge intercooler in my car.(core: 600x301x97mm, HKS R-TYPE). Very big!! So we have special method to install.

Future plan:

#115 ·
I have not wanted to win anything! My job is a geographical teacher of a high school. I only want to share with the friends from all parts of the world. And finish my dream.
hello teacher, very nice project. can you link me to some taiwanese websites for saabs moddings? will be visiting taipei in april to visit the auto expo.

cheerios....:cheesy:

#24 ·
Teacher Hsia,

You win means that you have probably the fanciest Saab 9-5 on the planet and we are all very envious.

Congratulations on getting close to realizing your dream. I personally think that your car looks absolutely fantastic and you are a very lucky man.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.