SaabCentral Forums banner

Little mods

756 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  SaabScott 
#1 ·
I just ordered the tranny mount, 5L of MTF0063, and a pair of e-code lenses for my 9-5 ...

It will be really interesting to see the e-codes combined with 4 Silverstar bulbs on the back roads at night.
Putting in the Silverstars with old lenses (295,000 km's on them) made a huge difference ...
Replacing the lenses should make a big difference ... going to e-codes should be amazing.
I may have to take some before and after pics ...

As for the tranny ... original mount, perhaps original fluid.
Will be doing the double flush as recommeded before a final fill.
Based on others results ... I can't wait!!! :cheesy:

#2 ·
I didn't notice any difference in light output with the E-codes, beyond that the glass was much cleaner than my 8 year old factory originals.

Of course the same week I put it on I got a large rock chip in one, which broke about 2cm of glass on the INSIDE of the lense. Not one chip in my 8 year old lights, but as soon as I put a new one on...!!! :roll:

#3 ·
stipud said:
I didn't notice any difference in light output with the E-codes, beyond that the glass was much cleaner than my 8 year old factory originals.

Of course the same week I put it on I got a large rock chip in one, which broke about 2cm of glass on the INSIDE of the lense. Not one chip in my 8 year old lights, but as soon as I put a new one on...!!! :roll:
Don't even go there!:evil:

#4 ·
I like little mods, nice touches like silver indicator bulbs rather than orange, smoked or clear side repeaters rather than the orange ones, custom stickers on the emblems rather than the peeling saab ones - all good stuff!

Maybe we could do a "Little Mods under $50" (or other limit) thread? :p

#6 ·
I put the e-code lenses on my 01 95 wagon (estate). And I've spent a good amount of money on every halogen variation out there. The e-code affects mostly the light dispersion rather than its brightness or throw. I saw little difference in the low beams. With the high beams however, the light projects very high. I think that you have to realign the bulbs to work with the ecode lenses although I haven't done that yet - too cold.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.