SaabCentral Forums banner

Saab 9-5 exhaust manifold & HKS wastegate

7K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Al's Red Wagon 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Does this guy ever speak :confused:

#4 ·
Pretty looking, but that's not a very good place for the waste gate. The exhaust flow from some of the cylinders has to reverse to get out, makes boost control not so good. I am being picky though, it's still a lot better than an internal waste gate.

#5 · (Edited)
Raven18940 said:
Pretty looking, but that's not a very good place for the waste gate. The exhaust flow from some of the cylinders has to reverse to get out, makes boost control not so good. I am being picky though, it's still a lot better than an internal waste gate.
Dear Mr. Raven, Thank you for your suggestions very much. Very concrete, help me a lot.:D
http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/teacher-hsia

#7 ·
i want one...where can i get it lol

#8 ·
Al: I believe the silver part at the top of the picture is the bypass valve. The purple anodized part is the external wastegate.

#9 ·
SectorNine50 said:
Al: I believe the silver part at the top of the picture is the bypass valve. The purple anodized part is the external wastegate.
That's what I figured too. At first glance it looked like the pen was a sight (like ona rifle) mounted on there...:eek: It still looks pretty Bad@ss...:cool:

#10 ·
Al's Red Wagon said:
At first glance it looked like the pen was a sight (like ona rifle) mounted on there...:eek:
The pen is for blocking "that" boost robbing pipe off :cheesy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.