Another 1 bites the dust [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Another 1 bites the dust

UK9K
16th March 2008, 01:11 AM
I went to the breakers on Wednesday to get a replacement headlamp control relay, the orange one. I told the guy I needed one from a 92 onwards shape 9000, and he went and brought an 89 shape out. They bring you the whole car on a fork lift, and u take what you need.

I looked in the relay box, and they were all black, so he took me round a the other side, where I found a.......LeMans blue or Winchester Blue(I don't know which, but is same as mine) 9000 AERO. Unfortunately, there was 2 other cars on top of it's roof!!! But there she was, full Aero bodykit all present and correct, full grey Aero leather, lights all round and intact!! But the wheels had gone tho. it was a 96 reg P plate.

It DID look sory for itself, and I was rather sad seeing her there. And to make matters worse, when I got the relay out along with a big red, we went round to pay at the office, and the guy said I could have the 2 relays for a fiver, cos they came out of a car at the crusher side of the yard!!! OMGGGGG. Such a waste.

Some people just don't know what they have. I might fone them up and get the front clear indicators and headlights off it, and offer them 40 quid for them if they haven't squished it on Monday. I hope they see 40 quid for the lights is better than jack for a metal cube!!!

Saaby
16th March 2008, 02:36 AM
Just try not to think about it and it's not so bad.