SaabCentral Forums banner

Audio Question - Switch Power (pin 2) no 12v

695 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  eggsngrits 
#1 ·
Wow, great info here. Many thanks to stipud and whomever wrote the Angray Kitchen Appliances page. Great stuff.

Stereo works!! Just one snag....

I don't have 12v from the switched pin on the Saab connector -- only on the constant connector. Tested with the car "on", running and swapped out the fuses just to be sure.

Of course, I'll check connections as far as I can.

Anyone know of anything that's not obvious here? Thanks again,

#3 ·
adding a different headunit to your stock amplification

Shouldn't matter, just don't have 12v at pin 2.

Hooked up the power to the constant 12v output (pin 8) and the unit works like a champ.

#4 ·
Hmm... not sure what that could be. Check your fuses!

Grab a multimeter, turn your car on and poke around the harness for any 12v leads... then turn the car off and see if any turn off. Your car might (though it is unlikely) use an alternative pin.

If you can't find one, there should be lots of switched 12v leads near the fusebox that you can borrow.

#5 ·
Mystery solved.

Previous owner (or somebody) put a piece of paper or tape in the fuse slot!:roll: :lol: :evil:

Previous owners -- can't live with them, can't shoot 'em!

PS -- the other thing that I found -- I couldn't WAIT to change the tires on this car, they were HORRIBLE, especially in the rain. I had to feather the clutch to keep from spinning.

Looking for new tires, saw the set that was on the car (Hankook Ventus) should have been an average performer based upon the specs. I couldn't believe it, chalked it up to a bad combination and went on. Washing the car last week I noticed that the tires are directional, and the fronts are on BACKWARD. No wonder they suck!

Previous owners -- why? I ask --WHY???:roll:

#7 ·
stipud said:
Some people mount their directional tires in reverse for the winter, citing better snow grip. This does not make sense. I think, if anything, it might help reduce feathering. That's about it.
It doesn't make sense. It may help you to stop. Maybe.

I bought this car in Dallas, Texas. It had been registered in Texas its whole life.

This was no snow flake (get it?:cheesy: ), it was sheer negligence.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.