SaabCentral Forums banner

Convert2E85.com

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  toxicavenger 
#1 ·
I was talking to a coworker that has this kit on his SRT-4, so we looked and found a kit for the Saab:

http://www.change2e85.com/servlet/Detail?no=106

This says it works for my car, but considering this looks to be for a Delphi I'm not sure. Does anyone have any experience with these kits?

#2 ·
I would not trust that kit. It looks like they have a little module that causes the injectors to overfuel, in order to offset the lower potential energy of E85. Great :roll:

If you're wanting to tune for E85, Nordic makes excellent, reliable tunes, which will also improve your performance. Theoretically if you wanted to do this perfectly, you would have to replace most of your fuel system. However, there are lots of people running these E85 tunes on stock hardware and having no issues.

http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=47_49&products_id=467
http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=47_49&products_id=413

#4 ·
No you can make a T7 car with tcs a flex fuel by upgrading software. / hardware if you want more power too. They have dual maps for most of the critical stuff, Airmass (torque), timing, warmup enrichment... You cant just add some more fuel and get it to work right without timing etc.

#6 ·
Linear Thinker said:
What does all this do anyhow?? Better fluel economy?
Nope... your fuel economy actually goes down by quite a bit, because E85 has less potential energy. However, it has a very high octane rating (like 115), so you can get excellent performance with it, especially on turbocharged cars with high boost temperatures.

It also burns cleaner, and depending on your location could cost less (though that is normally offset by the difference in fuel economy). In places like Sweden it is very popular, since they offer many government incentives for switching.

#7 ·
Hey Nick once u go to E85 conversion how will the car run on regular gas if that is all u can get at the time?
NickTaliaferro said:
No you can make a T7 car with tcs a flex fuel by upgrading software. / hardware if you want more power too. They have dual maps for most of the critical stuff, Airmass (torque), timing, warmup enrichment... You cant just add some more fuel and get it to work right without timing etc.

#8 ·
They are flex fuel You don't have to do anything. If you make a drastic change in fuel (ex bone dry tank and fill up with other fuel) give it 5 min of normal driving to adapt. My viggen is flexifuel with Nordic soft and I can put whatever in it. With current hardware we have less power on gas. Standard stage cars can see same power both ways.

#9 ·
cool because I am putting something in to works where I going to buy another Saab this summer and have my wife bring it to ur shop for the E85 change.
NickTaliaferro said:
They are flex fuel You don't have to do anything. If you make a drastic change in fuel (ex bone dry tank and fill up with other fuel) give it 5 min of normal driving to adapt. My viggen is flexifuel with Nordic soft and I can put whatever in it. With current hardware we have less power on gas. Standard stage cars can see same power both ways.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.