SaabCentral Forums banner

Bi-Xenons on Non Xenon Car?

705 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  magp1e 
#1 ·
Strange question this.......is it possible to fit Bi-Xenons on a Non Xenon Car?

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

#2 ·
I had a quick look into this, of course its possible - but its not just the lights there are sensors on the front and rear suspension too.

I am sure if you can find all the kit it's do-able - you may be the first here to do it too :p

#3 ·
Xenon Bulbs....?

.........or there are those 'Xenon' bulbs on Ebay? I am just on the verge of a 9-5 Aero Estate Purchase and would like to have better lights on the car.......this car doesn't have any Bi-Xenons. Any ideas anybody?

Cheers for all your help.

#6 · (Edited)
Don't mix up a real HID kit with those rip off Xenon bulbs you find on ebay. HID use Xenon gas to create the color within the bulb. You can find Halogen bulbs which are Xenon gas filed as well. These xenon gas filed halogen bulbs look far less yellow than normal halogen bulbs but are far from comparable to actual HID ones and the lighting they emit is greatly weaker.

#7 ·
magp1e said:
.........or there are those 'Xenon' bulbs on Ebay? I am just on the verge of a 9-5 Aero Estate Purchase and would like to have better lights on the car.......this car doesn't have any Bi-Xenons. Any ideas anybody?
Don't worry about it not having xenons. The 9-5 factory xenons arn't actually any better than the non-xenons fitted with brighter higher watt bulbs such as the Phillips or Osram stuff.
The factory xenon's have a very sharp cut-off, and I know a few 9-5 owners that would rather not have them in fact.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.