Retro Cars [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Retro Cars

Alex
18th June 2003, 08:34 AM
Anyone seen/picked up a copy of Retro Cars a new tuning mag for the older vehicle? It doesn't look to be associated with any of the Lax Power type publishing houses.

Looks to have decent technical content, articles include rebuilding Weber 40s and A series tuning.

How long before an article appears on some of the earlier tuned Saabs around?

Matthew
18th June 2003, 08:37 AM
Is it an American publication? If so then the tuning article might be fitting a big-block low-tech pushrod V8 in your 99GL :cry: :cry: :cry:

Mark P
18th June 2003, 08:50 AM
Just got a copy (came with Practical Classics). Great publication. Nice to see classic performance cars getting an airing!

I guess it wouldn't be hard to get some of the classics on this site featured.

Anyone fancy it? I'll bet I could arrange it easily enough.

Alex
18th June 2003, 09:12 AM
Its part of the Practical Classics stable and published in Gloucester. Cover car is a 400bhp Cosworth power Triumph Dolly Sprint!! It looks very neat.

tandino
18th June 2003, 02:53 PM
Purchased it the day it came out - as you say Alex - very good content and a break from the mould - modifying classics rather than Jap winged things or Kev'd up Astray's,
Ill be purchasing it again.
Mark that would be great if you could get a few cars from the site featured :D

Pete.

heavy_t
18th June 2003, 04:33 PM
Just got a copy (came with Practical Classics). Great publication. Nice to see classic performance cars getting an airing!

I guess it wouldn't be hard to get some of the classics on this site featured.

Anyone fancy it? I'll bet I could arrange it easily enough.

OK, who spotted the black 99 4-door in the Retro Performance Monthly mag? :cheesy:

Mark P
18th June 2003, 04:48 PM
Mark that would be great if you could get a few cars from the site featured :D

Pete.

You've got mail! 8)

heavy_t
18th June 2003, 04:52 PM
Hey I hope you told them about mine! It's got tinfoil wrapped around the fuel line - surely that counts as a 'mod' :cheesy:

Matthew
19th June 2003, 06:23 AM
Kev'd up

Class expression :)

After reading this lot, I'm off to the newsagents at lunchtime to buy my copy :P

doons
19th June 2003, 08:42 AM
i thought the cortina with the cosworth lump was particularly stealth, very tasteful mods, even the cosworth wheels work

Big Nev
19th June 2003, 04:45 PM
This rather tasty GT6 was at the 'Brean Beach Party' last weekend.
http://www.nimbus.plus.com/images/4%20Cylinder%20GT6.JPG

http://www.nimbus.plus.com/images/wow2.JPG

Abbott 900
20th June 2003, 04:12 AM
Now I would love to have a go in that...

That IS stealth...

Big Nev
20th June 2003, 04:23 AM
Now I would love to have a go in that...

That IS stealth...

Beleive me,it's quick :cheesy:
Getting in and out was a problem for me. :cry:
It's a very well sorted car :!

WASAAB
20th June 2003, 05:19 AM
NICE Inline motor~ Looks fast :cheesy:

Ken
20th June 2003, 06:01 AM
God, they're tail happy at the best of times never mind with that sort of power - the owner must have a death wish :!

Russell
20th June 2003, 06:12 AM
Blimey,

I bet this has more rear-end sway than Jennifer Lopez after a 3 day pie eating competition.

Russell

nutcase
11th November 2004, 03:39 PM
There's an article on Saab engines this month. When I was up at Abbot a few weeks back they mentioned the Retro guys having just visited. A bit of talk about the B and H engines, but generally a guide to what can be done and how much. Abbott prices of course :)

I wonder what's in next month's as they seem to do quite a bit of Saab mentioning :)

KevBu
11th November 2004, 05:12 PM
One of the feature writers is a Saab fan/owner, he took his n/a c900 on a Rockingham trackday IIRC, and they will be at the USD at Brunters this month. They get my voteŁ as car mags go.

Willy Wonka
11th November 2004, 06:48 PM
Nice O2 sensor. Must have used the stock ecu. :lol:
Battery box seems so wrong on that side.
Imagine setting the base boost with out climbing under.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

ragtopcav
11th November 2004, 07:11 PM
Nice O2 sensor. Must have used the stock ecu. :lol:
Stock ecu for that would mean around 220bhp from that Ford 2litre unit :o in a GT6, scary car that is.

Big Nev
12th November 2004, 04:40 AM
And Col's current project is....

A Triumph courier van......with BMW 850 running gear.
(M70 engine)

:o

Willy Wonka
13th November 2004, 08:31 AM
I miss my old GT6+. BRG with a hydraulic OD. Twin strombergs, no ecu.
:lol:

Here's some retro-snow. I'm going to the "cement pond" later today in this stuff. 8)

ejenner
14th November 2004, 05:49 AM
I like to read car mags when I'm waiting at airports. Picked up Retro Cars during the summer and there were only two or three mentions of Saabs including a top-10 alloy wheels article featuring the Inca's - couldn't find it when I went away at the beginning of October and missed out again when I was looking for it at the train station. Quite hard to find but worth looking for.

ragtopcav
14th November 2004, 05:59 AM
And Col's current project is....

A Triumph courier van......with BMW 850 running gear.
(M70 engine)

:oWould it actually hold together? :o