SaabCentral Forums banner

Headunit Double Din

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Carter 
#1 ·
Hi There I am a new member.. and I have looked far and wide on here for a pic of a 9-3 with a double din aftermarket head unit.. Seems to be a discrepency if they fit or not.. or they say they will fit but with require some cutting of the "dash".. all that is fine but I still haven't seen a picture of one installed. Does anyone actually have a pic of this?

Thanks!!
Carter

#2 ·
Yes, its possible. If you look on cardomain you can find a few installed. From what I have read it seams like you do have to cut into the dash a bit, and will probably lose the cupholder under the sid. I ended up just getting a single din Blaupunkt unit with the dash fill kit from genuinesaab.com. So far I have been quite happy with it. If you need any help with the install, just pm me. I also installed new door, dash, amp, and a subwoofer.

Also, Welcome to the forum!

edit: I found my favorite double din. It comes from a newer 9-5 Very very pricey though.
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113552

#3 ·
Thanks for the input! I'm not to worried about the cupholder since mine is broken anyway.. I was more worried about the overall look of it. I wanted to keep it some what a factory look and to me it doens't quite look the same with the filller kit. We'll see.. I am actually doing alpine components, a rockford amp to power those... and two 10" rockfords with also a rockford amp.. gonna be tight in the trunk but I enjoy a challenge..

Carter

#5 ·
Well I guess im not looking for so much a stock look I just wanted it to look a bit cleaner.. I just picked this up looks like a great product.. I hope it fits!!

Eclipse AVN2210p I got it for $400 off of ebay brand new! Has a USB input right in the front. The Satelitte radio is portable so i can take it with me on my business trips etc.. and no ugly suction cup window mount! I should have installed next weekend sometime so I will post some pics..

Carter

#6 ·
Wow Carter, that looks ambitious. I hope it fits because I think it would be cool.

Are you installing the unit yourself or are you having it professionally fitted? If you do it yourself would you consider taking pictures of the process and posting them here?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.