SaabCentral Forums banner

acs light

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Diosnoche 
#1 ·
i have a 97 saab 900s, what the h3ll is a acs light? i seen it on my car tonight.

#3 ·
my car has a five speed manual trans the "check acs" light is on but very dim i can only see it at night.

Diosnoche said:
Thats the warning lights for the ACS system, aka Saab "Sensonic", an automatic clutch system.

Don't get this confused with "Tiptronic", like Chrysler's "Autostick" feature, its nothing like that. Saab Sensonic really feels like your driving a manual transmisson car without the clutch.

Ragtopcav is probably best to get indepth information on this topic, he has a Sensonic Saab

#4 ·
If its very dim, then its probably just a neighbouring light bulb in the instrument cluster that is overshining into the ACS warning light spot and light is coming through.

Or what I've found is that if that warning light isn't in use, sometimes they (the manufacturer) don't bother to put a light bulb in the socket that would be used for the ACS warning light, and the hole is left open, allowing light from behind from other sources (another warning light or instrument ilumination) to shine through. They do however usually at least put a piece of tape over the open hole.

The worst case is that the instrument cluster is shorted out and the warning lights are all lit up somehow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.