SaabCentral Forums banner

Help Identifiying a part

556 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  earthworm 
#1 ·
I need help locating a part that broke. 95 900s 2.3l NA 5speed. Down behind the radiator on the driverside, there is a black valve that is hooked to the air injection rail on the exhaust manifold. The nipple broke of the black valve. I know it is for the air injection system, but what i sthat valve called, and where can I get a new one. Thanks in advance

Craig

#4 ·
Are you sure that it's number 10? Number 18 is a small 2-3 inch piece of hose that connects it to number 17 which is a small "check valve" with one side red, and the other side black. If it is number 10, I think the dealer may be the only place. Hopefully it won't be too expensive. I checked eEuroparts under Air System, and it returned NO results. Good luck!

#6 ·
If the nipple is broken off from the body of the part, and you still have all the parts, a repair is simple and easy, for an advanced DIY.

Drill a precise hole where the nipple was; tap threads in the part for the nipple (if it is long enough), cut threads on the remains of the nipple and reassemble.
If the nipple cannot be salvaged, then use a section if very small pipe..
Or epoxy can be used.. Beats have to search for a part and then forking over $80 to the dealer..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.