SaabCentral Forums banner

fuel pressure test gauge

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  john bernard 
#1 ·
Looking for a fptg for 1995 V6. Many ads say 'not for Saab'. I'm guessing that is a fittings incompatibilty. But does that appy to the v6? If there is fittings incompatibility is that easily fixed?

#7 ·
yes i know what you're refering too im trying to be able to have a gauge in my car so while im driving i can see how my cars fuel pressure is under a load... i.e. when im boosting 5 psi while driving i should be reading about 50 psi of fuel... and so on... im just wondering where i can hook up a gauge to be able to view it from inside my car

#9 ·
gthomp0805 said:
a regular pressure gauge should work fine. There are no fittings. Just remove the vacuum hose from the FPR and stick the gauge in the hose. You should get a reading of about 19psi. I have a 94 900se 2.5 so it should be similar.
Correct me if I misunderstand.:cheesy:
What we seem to have here is a vacuum gauge, not fuel pressure.
If the FPR is removed, then an Euro pressure gage could be screwed in its place ??
Or am I of a 900 I4 mindset ??
I have read that the V6 does have a port for a pressure gage.

#11 ·
byastremski said:
i don't believe that the 900 I4 does have a port which is why im trying to figure out how to go about it?
As i said in the other thread (in mods and tuning), im using a t-connector. Mounted in fuel pressure hose, before the rail. I cant find a picture, so i drew one. I think you can figure out the part after the connector by your self ;)

#12 ·
byastremski said:
was just searching through old threads... how would i go about installing a fuel pressure gauge on my 97 900se that i can read under load in my cabin? has someone done this before that could give me like a guide?
There was a post for just that, but I tried to search for it and got a blank page for search results. I think the search got overwhelmed and gave up.Renew your post as a new thread and maybe you'll get lucky.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.