SaabCentral Forums banner

searching before asking

797 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Frank_Drebin 
#1 ·
I can understand this expectation. But when I try to search I find myself staring at a blank screen for what seems an interminable wait. Is that usual?

#2 ·
#3 ·
I know what you mean. I'm not sure if it's my PC or the forum but I occasionally am unable to search. It will say "done" with a blank screen. When that happens I usually swap browsers and try again but it almost always does it again. Agter a few hrs I can usually try again and it works.

#5 ·
If a lot more people knew how to title their posts, the search process would be much more effective.

For instance, "please help" conveys no useful info; but "V6 engine seems to be locked" does....
When I search "V6 spark plugs" (for instance) I come across 9,000 post titles very quickly...
There are search techniques which I am still learning..
I have found Google searches particularly tricky, and most of the time they are all but useless..

#6 ·
I'm not sure if it works here but on Ebay, searches are pretty easy.

If you are looking for Saab 900 wheels you could search like so:

(saab) (900,9-3,9-5,900SE,9-3SE) (Wheels,wheel,rim,tire,tires,5x110)
Basically you are telling the search engine to find at least one word from each set of parenthesis. I got 67 hits with that string.

#8 ·
Still no go when searching. I suspect I have something in my software, some kind of firewall or anti virus that is blocking the search results. My software was installed by a person who loaded it up. I have no problem at all with ebay searches or Google searches of which I have made many.

#9 ·
john bernard said:
Still no go when searching. I suspect I have something in my software, some kind of firewall or anti virus that is blocking the search results. My software was installed by a person who loaded it up. I have no problem at all with ebay searches or Google searches of which I have made many.
Well, until you get it sorted out, just go to Google and search the forum like this sample search I just did on this forum for the term "DIC"
Site Search Google

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.