SaabCentral Forums banner

Shops in CT

573 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  widuck1 
#1 ·
O.K. so my car has 2 issues.

1 - When I turn on the car, the key won't lock into place and will just slip back into the off position and the car will shut off, unless I pgysically hold the key until it stays in place. Time for a new ignition switch???

2 - Low coolant. I get the low coolant warning but my car never overheats. I watch the temp gauge like a hawk and I know the gauge isn't broken. When I add coolant, it dissappears by the next day. I think it's the lower radiator hose bc it's all beat up and it's leaking. So, I need a new lower radiator hose.

Does anyone know a shop in CT where I can get this fixed relatively cheap, with parts and labor? Or should I take it to the dealer, which will probably overcharge me?

#2 ·
http://www.saabcentral.com/listings/database/indexCountyDetails.php?mnuState=33&mnuCountry=2&mnuType=1&Submit2=Search

From the "Listings".

You probably need a cooling system service and a new set of hoses.
But we know nothing of you car....
Hard to tell what causes the ignition key not to stay in place - this may or may not be the switch.
The lock tumblers should be lubed a little every now and again - maybe the PO(previous owner) never did this and broke something via the excessive force route....

The best "cheap" with decent workmanship is DIY..Trusting some kids or the local grease monkey is too risky.. As are the national chains.
And a good indie does not come "cheap'.:cheesy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.