SaabCentral Forums banner

1996 Saab 900 SE

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Mario_sabrina9296 
#1 ·
I just bought a 96 Saab 900 SE this past weekend. So far it is an awesome car and has a lot of features for a 1996 vehicle. It has no apparent problems, but i have one question. Since this is my first car with a turbo i have a question about the turbo gage. It seems to go into orange and red relatively fast, is this normal, does it just mean shift you dumbass, or what? Sorry if it seems like a dumb question. Thanks.:p

#3 ·
I'd use both the tachometer and speedometer as a shifting guide,, not the turbo-charger guage...

Welcome to Saab ,Central Beezneez:cheesy:

At what RPMs is the gauge hitting the red mark ?

#5 ·
coreyeroc said:
why do *some* people keep saying this is the wrong section for NG900? It says right on the forum title, Saab9-3 & NG900 workshop. So....
Quite often new members will mistakenly post in the Classic 900 forum. Moderators will move them over here where they belong.

Welcome aboard Beezneez! Don't worry too much about the gauge. Just enjoy the feeling of it pressing you into the seat. :cheesy:

#6 ·
Sorry that i originally posted this in the wrong forum, I'm just a noob with this forum. haha. I do love the way it presses me into my seat, haha. I was just a little worried that it shouldn't be in the red zone, but as long as its not a big deal than i am happy :) thanks for your help

#7 ·
how far does your gauge go into the red mark? the stock gauge isnt exactly all that accurate. but normally stock it will only spike maybe just at the line or a hair into red for a second then drop back to just under red. either way it should be fine. and by no means is the gauge an indicator to shift

#8 ·
The boost gauge is your happy gauge. The more into the red it gets the bigger your smile gets.

#10 ·
my 96 se has a little *shift up* light, lol. its right at 2k rpms tho and i usually rev up higher for more power, and my gauge shoots into the yellow pretty fast when i put my foot down on the gas but its never gotten too far into the red. i love the feeling of it too, id never been in a turbocharged car before i got this, now i dont ever wanna go back : )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.