SaabCentral Forums banner

death of my saab

948 views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  VoLtAgE_PA 
#1 ·
so today i was on my way over to visit a fellow sales associate/friend over in paoli, right outside of philly, when i drove down route 30, which is a 5 lane highway so to speak, and i get in the middle lane right before a light to turn left when an f150 pulls right out infront of me and BAM...nothing i could do. i almost got into a physical altercation with the douchebag construction worker (who was about 25), he claimed it was my fault. cops came and gave him a citation for an illegal left hand turn onto the road. the saab had to be towed and later in the day my insurance company found that it was totaled and couldnt get the salvage title...im sorry to say i dont think i'll be getting another saab (poor college student). hopefully tomorrow i can go pull my cd player out and take my wheels off of it (9-5 rims)...i'll post pictures soon...it is a very sad day for me...you have no idea =(

#2 ·
Sorry to hear about the accident. Route 30 is the worst road known to man kind. A center turning lane separating a two lane highway with about 500 lights on it.

Using the center lane to merge is something I never experienced before route 30. It is the crappiest road with a billion lights and not one of them sycronized. There are also a crap load of businesses along it, which make people try to use the center lane as a merge lane. Glad to hear he got the citation for his illegal merge/ left turn.

#3 ·
At least no one was killed -route 30 is a very old, over used, under-designed highway - I used to drive it every day ! If the people of PA would only agree to a much high tax on gas(and this is highly unlikely), the road could be rebuilt properly....
There are highways in undelevoped countries which are far worse...same reason, no money...
But it is not a lack of planning, poor design, nor over-use which makes a highway "bad", it is the drivers, far too many choose to make it so...
Scranton is not that far from York.:cheesy:

#6 ·
Not to be political here but rather than raising taxes to pay for this...this really should be the sort of stuff that your taxes pay for anyways without having to raise them. You know its funny, infrastructure is the most important thing government can do for the people, yet it often overlooked at the expense of other stupid projects.

earthworm said:
At least no one was killed -route 30 is a very old, over used, under-designed highway - I used to drive it every day ! If the people of PA would only agree to a much high tax on gas(and this is highly unlikely), the road could be rebuilt properly....
There are highways in undelevoped countries which are far worse...same reason, no money...
But it is not a lack of planning, poor design, nor over-use which makes a highway "bad", it is the drivers, far too many choose to make it so...
Scranton is not that far from York.:cheesy:

#9 ·
no they wouldnt, i had to go today and get the speakers out of the door and the cd player in the dash...i was so angry i just ripped off the door panels...so if you see this in a junkyard near philly...everything else is the car is in pretty good condition...

also

if anyone in the philly or scranton area is selling a car, i have around $5000 to spend, i just need something reliable at this point :cry:

#11 ·
The car can be fixed... you may be able to fix it cheaper than getting another car. The damage doesn't look all that bad. It runs, no?

I am on Route 30 very often. I can even see it from my house. I'm more near Park City... and once you pass that, the roads do become extemely complicated and don't make much sense. Where did you have your accident ? Do you remember near which exit? I know there have been many accidents on Route 30, including at least 1 fatal one last year.

#13 ·
Doesn't look bad. I think the insurance companies have a rule such as,if the estimate to fix reaches say for example, 80% of book value, they total it.When I wrecked my car I asked the adjuster about buying it and he said I could, altho I decided not to do so. They would have issued me a check for the value of the car prior to the wreck, less the price he quoted, and I would have kept the car and my title.This was about 5 years ago and the company was Nationwide.

#14 ·
after the accident i was leaking coolant and the brake was stuck down, from the force of my foot, so it had to be towed, it starts up fine. it was in paoli, right before the intersection of lancaster pike and paoli pike i believe, by the train station, right infront of the wawa, you can still see my coolant stain in the middle lane

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.