SaabCentral Forums banner

There's a convertible Yellow Viggen for sale

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  hkayssi 
#1 ·
I just saw this online. I have read enough in this forum to know that a Yellow convertible viggen is a big deal. I saw it on ebay. They only wanted $9500 buy it now with 72K miles. IT'S NOT MY CAR NOR DO I KNOW THE OWNER. Had to put that disclaimer out there. Here's the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Saab-9-3-Viggen-Viggen-Convertable-Fast-Rare_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ31866QQihZ022QQitemZ350007616152QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Good luck to anyone here that gets it. It looked clean by pic at least.

#4 ·
It's a salvage car being sold by Elite a salvage yard that sells used SAAB parts.

Those MCY Viggen convertibles are extremely rare and thus very expensive and those wheels are very rare indeed too. The salvage title takes away from the value I agree,; the car is still worth a lot of money if the damage to it was light. It's surprising to see how easy it is to write off a car these days.

If you want to know how much damage it had and how much Elite paid for it ask snowboardin58 I think his dad bid on that car but the price went too high and let it go. It sold for a crazy price according to him

#6 ·
I just looked at the car again. I think it was severely damaged. Look at the driver side molding as well as the driver side fender molding. Those came of a 9-3 not a Viggen (black not grey) If you look on the other side, you can see that the passenger side fender was also replaced. So the front end and the driver side door were replaced. In my book that's severely damaged no matter how you cut it.

#8 ·
Damn, I didnt realize it was a salvage car. I apologize. I just know that so many members here have always spoke of wanting to own a yellow Viggen. Thought I was doing the forum a service. Speaking as a viggen owner who has owned a 900s and a 900se convertible, there is simply no comparison. If I find another one online, I will post.

#13 ·
Just had to register to reply on this.

The car was bought by me and my wife with full knowledge of it's history. Elite also mailed us pictures of the car before the repairs.

Was the price to high?

Its all a matter on what you compare to. The ONLY Viggen Convertible for sale in Sweden right now has a price tag of 38 000 USD, and its a standard Blue. In Sweden there were only 3 Yellow Viggen Convertibles until we imported this one. For the same amount that we had to pay, including shipping to Sweden, duty and VAT you only get a standard NG900 Convertible.....

New trim pieses are already on their way from SAAB-ANA Trollhättan.

Our general impression of the car is that it is in a much better condition than we expected.

#16 ·
Depends on how much damage the car had before the restoration... Can you post pics of the before and after?

Personally, I think the price was good considering the rarity of that color. The problem is that the Salvage / rebuild title takes off the resale value. Personally, it doesn't sway my mind. All salvage means is that the total cost of repairs excedes 70% of its book value. Knowing the price of Viggen parts and the rarity of finding them used is probably what caused the salvage title to be issued. I bought a Salvage VW that was only keyed. I would check the damage and how it was repaired, if the repairs were done right, I'd buy the car....

This car however is a convertible so maintaining the integrity of the car's alignment and squareness during a frame pull is hard so I would've passed on it with a very heavy heart.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.