SaabCentral Forums banner

Keys locked in trunk

4K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Nixon 
#1 ·
I definitely locked my keys in my trunk this morning. Ever since last week, the FOB hasn't been working so therefore I've been deadlocking the doors with the key. Anyway, this morning I went to get a CD out of my car and accidentally shut the trunk with my keys inside. I've read around the site a bit, and it doesn't look to good. Any ideas?

#2 ·
I did this once. My alarm was set though. I hit the trunk button, opened it, put my keys in my jacket pocket that I was wearing, got distracted by the missus, took off jacket and put it in the trunk. As the latch slammed shut I realized what I had done. ;oops: I had to call a locksmith. Do you have road side assistance on your cell phone or anything like that?

Addition: This is my 444th post. Hopefully it will give you some luck. :cheesy:

#4 ·
There's an easy but slightly damaging way into the boot. Obviously I will not put in on the forum.

PM me with a email address attached to a domestic address and I will tell you how to break into it with minimum damage.

#7 ·
ragtopcav said:
There's an easy but slightly damaging way into the boot. Obviously I will not put in on the forum.

PM me with a email address attached to a domestic address and I will tell you how to break into it with minimum damage.
Pretty sure attaching a domestic address won't prove anything, seeing as how I can open up google maps and have access to a couple million home addresses...

Unless, of course, you just want to know where he lives. ;)

#10 ·
This very same thing happened to me in the '85 Dodge Lancer:nono;:nono; .

Triple A men know of some good tricks and they have the "equipment".

I am not sure that only the key use can "deadlock" a door...
How about your spare keys ?
The wife used to be a Girl Scout, she is always prepared...

#11 ·
KSpark said:
Pretty sure attaching a domestic address won't prove anything,
I can trace it; this way if the question was asked by a thieving miscreant I could forward the info to a local law dept. This is how things are in the UK, I suppose the US will catch up eventually.

#12 ·
Problem solved, but another problem arose. With American Express (the Credit Card), I have roadside assistance. AmEx pays the first $50 of lockouts, and it only was going to cost me $45 so I didn't have to pay anything. The problem that arose was that after the locksmith had been working on the door for about an hour, his tool got stuck in the door and while trying to remove the tool he broke the passenger window. So, I have the keys and now I'm getting a free window out of it. The only thing that I am worried about is that the window is fixed by New Years Eve, because I'm going to Atlanta to see Auburn in the Peach Bowl vs. Clemson. Thanks everyone for your help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.