SaabCentral Forums banner

What can I do to raise the rears?

698 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  coreyeroc 
#1 ·
It's just too low for me and uneven. Maybe raise it up to match the fronts. I don't have a clue yet on what springs are on there as I just got the car a few days ago.

Maybe go back to stock? How high are the stock springs?

http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/42826/10580_1.jpg

#2 · (Edited)
Car looks lowered. If you go back to the stock springs in the rear only, then it may look awful (rear would be way higher then font). They make spring spacers which are cheap, but not realy the best thing to do. If you want the stock ride height then you you will have to replace both front and rear which can be kind of expensive. If you like the front being lowered then you can get rear lowering springs made by eibach which should bring it up.

#3 ·
You can get rears (eibach) only? If so, where can I source those? I love the lowered look on the fronts though don't get me wrong. It's the rears that's bugging me a bit.

What about the spring spacers, where can we get those?

Thanks for any info you may provide.

#4 ·
turboGreen said:
You can get rears (eibach) only? If so, where can I source those? I love the lowered look on the fronts though don't get me wrong. It's the rears that's bugging me a bit.

What about the spring spacers, where can we get those?

Thanks for any info you may provide.
I like the way your car sits, but I know that's not what you were asking.
Your car looks to have at least 1.5" drop on it (based solely on the gap over the tire). Eibach's are about 1.4". The spring spacers are about $5 at any local Autozone or Advance. They have full rings that you insert or you can get these small rubber "H" shaped plugs that go between rings. They are simple to install but I'm not sure how long they last. It would be difficult to put spacers on the end of the spring because the rears are hourglass shaped and get very small at the tapered ends.

#5 ·
Not sure where you live (weather wise) or the condition of the rear springs, but if you can get under the car, see what color they are and some will have specific markings on the coils.

Just google eibach and you will find all sorts of companies selling them. You may want to try the spacers just to see how much they raise the car and to see if you like them before you fork out money for eibachs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.