SaabCentral Forums banner

help:) need two bolts...

534 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Leon 
#1 ·
Im on vacation in florida and the dealership says they cant get two bolts ordered in for one to two weeks to fix my pulley's. Not real sure what happened, but it seems my idler pulley in the top left ripped off the bracket and my center pulley is just blatantly missing. Its a 98 900SE, anyone happen to oddly have the bolt and two washers for the center pulley and the bolt for the idler pulley? any help would be appreciated if somethin could be worked out, thanks!

#4 ·
ryanrusden said:
I'm on vacation in Florida and the dealership says they cant get two bolts ordered in for one to two weeks to fix my pulley's. Not real sure what happened, but it seems my idler pulley in the top left ripped off the bracket and my center pulley is just blatantly missing. Its a 98 900SE, anyone happen to oddly have the bolt and two washers for the center pulley and the bolt for the idler pulley? any help would be appreciated if something could be worked out, thanks!
Strange, hard to fathom all of this happening.. I'd guess the top left idler pulley seized..
A PO(previous owner) must have modified the system to a "short belt" - the same as the newer 9-3 model..
Then, maybe the first mentioned idler bolt was never properly tightened...
This is all conjecture...
That the dealer has no bolts for these pulleys....... and is taking so long to supply them...:nono;

#5 ·
Ryanrusden! Today is your lucky day brotha! I have the bolt and washer for the center idler, as well as the bolt and washer for the upper idler! I will send them to you, I just need the address. When you get them, if you find that you're so blatantly happy that I sent them, if you have paypal, you can just re-imburse me for the shipping charges! :p So if you want them, they're free of charge, just get back with me. I will PM you my cell number! K.

You were able to get the pulleys though, right?

#6 ·
Leon said:
Ryanrusden! Today is your lucky day brotha! I have the bolt and washer for the center idler, as well as the bolt and washer for the upper idler! I will send them to you, I just need the address. When you get them, if you find that you're so blatantly happy that I sent them, if you have paypal, you can just re-imburse me for the shipping charges! :p So if you want them, they're free of charge, just get back with me. I will PM you my cell number! K.

You were able to get the pulleys though, right?
Man, I love this place. All Hail Leon!

#7 ·
Saaboheme said:
Man, I love this place. All Hail Leon!
LOL, I try, I try...

Seriously though, Ryan, here's the picture I promised. The small bolt with the fat washer goes with the center idler pulley, while the longer one with small washer, goes with the upper left idler pulley. Just place the pulleys (1 against the timing cover, and 1 against the bracket, then just put the bolt in with the washer on it like it already is. (ie, there's no washer behind either pulley.) Good luck man! Remember, next time you go to a junk yard, Pull off extra bolts, just in case. Peace!

**Also you'll need to remove the air box to get better access to the pulleys. It's easy, there's just 3 10mm bolts. Good luck again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.