SaabCentral Forums banner

Loud Humming Noise

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  matzemueller 
#1 ·
Does anyone have an idea where the loud humming noise in the front at 45-50 mph comes from? I suspected the wheel bearings but found postings here that had different symptoms for loose bearings. The noise does not change when turning. It is kind of loud always but changes at above speed to a humming. It sometimes feels and sounds as if I had tractor tires in the front with an articulated profile. Noise is kind of like on a mountainbike at high speeds.
Any takes? It is so loud that you probably could all hear it without me posting here...

#2 ·
A thin metal screech would be from a dust shield.

What you have sounds like a wheel bearing. Does the noise change when turning left or right ?

Check your tires, these can be a prime source of noise.

#8 ·
Wow, that sounds just like what I hear sometimes! it's a high-pitched "Whoooooooooooo"

I only experience it during use of the AC though. Did you have your AC running?

#10 ·
Hmm, I really have no idea. I do remember that letting go of the gas would silence it, but as soon as I pressed it again, the noise came back. This one has me stumped! :roll:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.