SaabCentral Forums banner

Old CD Changer question

555 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Mr. Borth 
#1 ·
I have a 1995 SE turbo with the stock CD changer. I see lots of changer posts, questions, and info - but I can't find this.

My changer is small, all black, with Saab stickers on it, in the Saab bracket that mounts to the trunk, made by Clarion, but I still don't know what model it is. It was produced in April of 1994. I think it's a 605, but is there a definitive way of telling?

I've seen other posts saying that some of the very early models came with an even older model - just curious.

#2 ·
Unless the ID or data sticker fell off - which is possible, one of the stickers must have the SN and model data. Maybe it is underneath and the unit must be removed..

#3 ·
The Saab changers never had Clarion model numbers on them. There were two versions: the regular one, and the later "slimline" model, which came out in '96 or '97. The slimline seems to be the one that's equivilent to the 605. I've seen a Clarion model that's similar to yours, but I can't remember the model number.

#7 ·
I'm not sure if these will help, but here are the changer's dimensions:

width = 11.5"

depth = 7"

height = 2.75"

Don't know if this qualifies for the "slimline" or not......and above the serial # is the code PU-2050B - any ideas?

Thanks for all the help thus far!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.