Help with Lighting - Loss of highbeams and fogs [Archive] - SaabCentral Forums

: Help with Lighting - Loss of highbeams and fogs

Nickshu
16th December 2007, 08:06 PM
Hi all,

I don't usually post over here....I'm on the 9-3SS/SC board mostly, but I need some advice for my father, who has a 2002 9-3 SE HOT. I tried the Search function, but didn't find anything like this.

He is having a problem with lighting in the past week. The highbeams will not stay on (only work as "flash to pass mode"), the fog lights do not work, and the rear fog light also will not work. All other lights function normally.

He checked all fuses and relays, as well as bulbs, but everything appears normal.

Any advice? I was thinking something related to a control module for lighting? Anyone seen a similar problem?

Thanks!!!!

earthworm
16th December 2007, 09:01 PM
The only thing the high beams and the front foglights have in common is the ICE module..

Trouble shoot the dipswitch, this may be at fault, its more likely than the ICE, IMO. and there are several relays in this complex circuit.

There is but one rear foglite, unless modified...
Haynes, 12-19,20.

Nickshu
17th December 2007, 09:32 AM
Trouble shoot the dipswitch, this may be at fault.

Can you elaborate on the troubleshooting procedure??

Diosnoche
17th December 2007, 10:01 AM
Have you made sure that the main headlight switch is in the right most position? If it is in the left most position, and the car has DRL enabled, then the lights will function as you describe. Similar operation in the middle position, except when you turn off the car the parking lights will stay on. The fogs and high beams only work in the right most switch position.

The "dipswitch" is the turn signal / high beam stalk switch.

Nickshu
17th December 2007, 10:24 AM
Have you made sure that the main headlight switch is in the right most position? If it is in the left most position, and the car has DRL enabled, then the lights will function as you describe. Similar operation in the middle position, except when you turn off the car the parking lights will stay on. The fogs and high beams only work in the right most switch position.

The "dipswitch" is the turn signal / high beam stalk switch.

Got it....wouldn't surpise me if my dad just left the switch to the left. I'll find out. Thanks!!!