SaabCentral Forums banner

Removing rear hatch trim

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  omarmonkey 
#1 ·
I'm trying to get under my rear spoiler so I can replace a nut that has fallen off one of the bolts, and reattach the clips to the right side of the spoiler (got the parts and know-how for that from this forum). I need to know how to go about getting the trim and carpet off so I can get under there to work. I have removed all of the torx screws, but the problem is the black plastic pins holding the carpet on in places...do i just PULL them? I tried on one of the more discreet ones, and the edge of the pin's head broke off. If I DO end up breaking a bunch of them to get the carpet pulled off, is it fairly easy to find new replacements?

#2 ·
These devious and rather fragile plastic retainers are "reusable pop rivets",IIRC.
Pull the center section out a little and the fastener will lose its grip. For this, I use a little pocket screwdriver...
Replacements ( I need several) are probably limited to the dealer... or a good j-yard...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.